5 for Friday: Getting Promoted Edition
by monsterstaff, published 02/15/2013
- Stop Waiting for Career Opportunities and Create Them! CareerBliss: "Instead of waiting for your boss to give you an assignment, take initiative and get started. Successful results speak much louder than just insisting you can do the job."
- 12 Career-Killer Comments. Forbes.com: "Communication is key to career success. So it’s crucial to be aware of our language and word choice. The words we choose and the context in which use them can make or break us, whether we are on staff at a company or self-employed."
- If You Covet Other People's Careers, Do It Strategically. FastCompany.com: "It’s only human to worry about how your career is progressing--and to measure yourself both against your own targets and your colleagues, friends, and contemporaries. So how do you meaningfully set yourself goals and usefully benchmark your career progress?"
- Do You Have to “Fake It” to Succeed?. SmartBlog on Leadership: "When you identify your authentic personality, you’ll start shaping your personal brand more intentionally and powerfully, and you’ll know what kind of business culture you’ll thrive in."
- These 5 Workplace Habits Are Making You Look Amateur. U.S. News & World Report: "Unfortunately, many so-called "professionals" undermine their credibility by exhibiting amateurish workplace behavior. Take a look at the list below and see if you're unintentionally harming your professional image with these rookie mistakes."