#FindBetter Wednesdays: Your Advice for Career Success
By Caroline | April 3, 2013
After a job interview, what are some of your tips that you use to close the deal?Popular responses included:
- Write a thoughtful thank-you note, and be sure to recall interesting details from your conversation to leave a lasting impression.
- Assess your odds. Listen closely to your interviewer for positive verbal cues such as “once you start” or “when you join the team.”
- @ReynoldsRecruit Ask the right questions & do your research to determine if there's a good fit between you & the employer
- @VinceCripps Dress for the job you WANT, not for the job you HAVE #FindBetter
- @MeyerScott @A4HRD don't let fears about what you can't do hold you back, you have more to offer than you can ever realize
- @TheLifespring Be polite, be friendly, be confident. A smile & a thank you go a long way.
- @DeanaMorrisUoB If the job isn't right for you, find one that is. It's them. It's not you. Be confident in you. Life's too short.
What's the weirdest or hardest question you've been asked during an interview and how did you answer it?Popular responses included:
- One follower, upon greeting the interviewer, was presented with a pen and given one instruction: “Sell me this pen.”
- Another follower was asked, “What object in a refrigerator would you be? And why?”
- Another follower was even asked, “If I told you to jump off a bridge, would you?”