Sample Resume for an Insurance Sales Professional
If you’re going for a position selling insurance, you first need to sell yourself on your resume. View and download the Insurance Sales Professional resume template in Word.
Impress employers with a high-impact resume and cover letter from the experts at Monster's Resume Writing Service.
Insurance Sales Professional Resume Sample
222 Elmscourt Way
Sometown, IL 60000
- Entrepreneurial State Farm agent with a history of surpassing customer and employer expectations. Leverage consultative-sales strengths to identify opportunities, nurture relationships and close deals.
- Dedicated and tenacious sales expert, with a reputation for consummate professionalism and exemplary ethics. Remain current on the latest trends in the industry, with comprehensive knowledge of financial and insurance products, services and best practices.
- Passionate leader, skilled at building top-performing teams focused on impeccable service delivery and accountability for goal achievement.
- Personal and commercial insurance (auto, home, business, health, life)
- Retirement plans (IRA, 401(k), Individual(k), SEP, SIMPLE)
- Education plans (529 plans, Coverdell Education Savings Accounts)
- Long-term-care and estate planning
CARLA FOSTER AGENCY / STATE FARM INSURANCE -- 9/2001 to Present
Insurance and Financial Services Agent (Sometown, IL), 3/2002 to present
Agency Intern, 9/2001-3/2002
Develop and implement sales plan and manage all phases of the sales cycle-from prospecting to close and follow-up support. Represent a full line of insurance and financial products, serving as a trusted advisor to businesses and individuals. Hire, train and supervise sales support staff, and create a fun and productive work environment.
- Drove a pace-setting 15% increase in annual revenue in FY2007, outperforming "high-reach" sales targets every quarter.
- Earned awards for excellent sales performance, including Legion of Honor and Bronze Tablet awards.
- Consistently met and frequently exceeded the financial objectives of represented clients. Assessed risk tolerance and investment/risk-management goals to recommend solutions optimally suited to client needs.
- Provided sound financial, insurance and wealth-management services to protect client assets and grow the net worth of their respective portfolios.
- Increased referral business by 27% in 2007. Initiated an aggressive campaign of cold-calling, offering referral incentives and participating in networking events.
- "...Carla has that rare combination of drive, industry knowledge and interpersonal skills. She is liked by all, and a rising star at our company..." -- Jordan Yu (State Farm Supervisor)
- "...Carla was incredibly helpful when my husband and I switched our insurance provider to State Farm. I know we made the best choice!" -- Mary Hart (State Farm Client)
ABC RETAIL COMPANY -- 10/1998 to 9/2001
Sales Representative (Sometown, IL)
Served as a department store sales rep while attending college.
- Excelled within service-oriented industry. Cultivated positive relationships with customers and expanded business through word-of-mouth referrals.
EDUCATION & TRAINING
ABC UNIVERSITY (Sometown, IL), 6/2001
Bachelor of Science, Major: Business management, Minor: Communications
Designations: NASD Series 6 and 63; NASD Broker/Agent; Life and Health; Illinois Long-Term Care (LTC) and Property & Casualty (P&C) licenses; Life Underwriting Training Council Fellow (LUTCF)
Recent Training: Long-term care, estate planning and retirement
Member: National Association of Insurance & Financial Advisors
Actively involved in charitable organizations, including YMCA, Kiwanis, Special Olympics and Make-A-Wish Foundation
Articles in This Feature:
- Insurance Careers Home
- Look to the Insurance Industry for Job Stability
- Three Great Places to Start Your Insurance Career
- Insider Tips for a Powerful Insurance Sales Resume
- Tips to Prepare for Your Insurance Sales Interview
- Get Ready for Your Insurance Industry Interview
- Insurance Industry Fueled by Finance, Accounting Professionals
- Lawyers, Paralegals Work at the Center of Insurance
- Careers in Insurance Underwriting
- Can You Transition into Insurance Sales?
- Job Q&A: Claim Team Manager
- Opportunities Knock at State Farm Insurance