Retail sales interview questions
Want to rock your retail sales interview? Get ready by rehearsing answers to these sample interview questions.
- Tell me about your previous work experience as a retail salesperson.
- What type of merchandise have you had the most success selling?
- What do you know about this company’s products and services?
- What makes you a great candidate for this particular job?
- What are your strengths and weaknesses when interacting with customers?
- What do you enjoy about working in retail sales?
- What have you done at your present/last company to increase revenues, reduce costs or save time?
- Tell me about a time when you felt you were at your best with helping a customer.
- Talk about a time when you were challenged in the sales process. Why was that, and how did you handle it?
- What type of retail sales systems have you used?
- How much did they require you to use your math skills?
- What was the management structure in your previous retail sales jobs?
- Did you work on commission?
- What have you done to become a better retail salesperson?
- What type of schedule are you looking to work?
- Would you be available to work additional shifts?
Learn more about sales careers and retail careers. Or search retail job listings.
Like what you’ve read? Join Monster to get personalized articles and job recommendations—and to help recruiters find you.