Sample Resume for a Bookkeeper
Make sure your resume provides a full account of your bookkeeping experience. This sample resume below shows you how. View and download the Bookkeeper resume template in Word.
Search for bookkeeper jobs.
Bookkeeper resume template
100 Swift Ave
Seattle, Washington 98133
Home: (206) 555-5645 | email@example.com
Highly organized and detail-focused Full-Charge Bookkeeper with track record of accurately and efficiently supporting overall accounting activities.
- Comprehensive knowledge of accounting and auditing principles, A/P, A/R, payroll, general ledger postings, invoicing, taxation issues, and regulatory compliance guidelines.
- Expertise in developing and delivering monthly, quarterly, and annual Profit and Loss statements and Balance Sheets for management within strict deadlines.
- Keen ability to analyze cost control, providing timely and frequent financial information that supports corporate goals and objectives.
- Proven ability to identify and implement improvements to streamline processes and increase efficiency and productivity.
- Excellent technology skills; proficient with MS Office (Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, PowerPoint), FreshBooks, Sage, QuickBooks, & Microsoft Dynamics.
JTDD Corporation – Seattle, Washington March 2012 – Present
Provide accounting leadership and support for consulting firm with more than $2M in annual revenue.
Perform all financial activities to include P&L statements and management reports. Complete bank reconciliations; create invoices and collect on overdue accounts. Research and resolve billing and collections disputes. Manage payroll and prepare payroll tax returns. Interact with external clients and vendors on a regular basis, cultivating strong professional relationships.
- Supported a significant increase in productivity levels by streamlining accounting processes.
- Saved company nearly $10K per year in CPA costs, outsourcing, and technical support.
- Played essential role in transition to cloud-based FreshBooks accounting system.
B. Hurston, LLC – Renton, Washington August 2009 – February 2012
Executed broad range of accounting functions for architectural firm with annual revenue of $1M.
Managed financial transactions and record keeping with strict attention to detail. Reconciled and balanced accounts, compiled statistical reports for management, and generated invoices and monthly statements. Communicated with clients to address inquiries and resolve issues. Collaborated extensively with external auditors to provide in-depth assistance. Delivered high level of support to company CPA.
- Utilized Microsoft Dynamics to improve processes for creating customer invoices leading to 15-day reduction to receivables.
- Excelled within fast-paced environment, continually taking on increased levels of responsibility.
Commena, Inc. – Seattle, Washington April 2004 – August 2009
Supported Accounting Manager at private club with more than $1.5M in annual revenue.
Ensured accurate and timely processing of accounting data. Performed accounts receivable and accounts payable functions, balanced cash, and posted sales invoices. Researched account transactions to identify and resolve discrepancies. Accurately posted transactions utilizing proprietary data system. Employed outstanding communication skills in interacting closely with members throughout all phases of billing and collections.
- Consistently demonstrated talent for quickly learning new tasks and completing assignments ahead of schedule while maintaining a high degree of accuracy.
- Contributed substantially to reducing outstanding accounts receivables through improved collections processes.
Associate Degree in Accounting (2012)
Seattle Central Community College, Seattle, Washington