Sample Resume for an Entry-Level Computer Programmer
Are you just beginning your programming career? Impress employers with a strong resume. Check out this sample resume for an entry-level computer programmer for ideas. View and download the Entry-Level Computer Programmer resume template in Word.
Learn more about IT careers.
Learn more about technology careers.
Entry-Level Computer Programmer resume template
159 Westbrook St.,
Sometown, NH 03824
Home: (555) 555-5555 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Targeting an Entry-Level Position as a…
- Recent honors graduate of ABC University’s BS in IT program whose academic credentials are reinforced by hands-on programming experience gained during internship with ABC Company.
- Consistently commended by professors and internship supervisor for programming abilities; strong grasp of technologies (e.g., Java, VB, C, C++, SharePoint, HTML and .Net); and attention to detail.
- Known as a self-starter, team player and multitasker; strive to consistently exceed expectations.
ABC UNIVERSITY - Sometown, NH
Bachelor of Science, Major in Information Technology, 2011
- Honors: Graduated cum laude (GPA: 3.53); inductee, Golden Key Honor Society; recipient, John Doe Academic Scholarship; Dean’s List, 2009, 2010, 2011.
- Senior Project: Earned “A” grade on capstone project as co-developer of Web-based, customized enterprise software solution that integrated business processes for a nonprofit organization. Delivered turnkey application that reduced manual data entry, saving hundreds of personnel hours monthly.
- Course Highlights: Enterprise Application Development, Security, Java/C/VB Programming, IT Project Management, Database Programming, Web Design, Computer Architecture
ABC Company, Sometown, NH
Computer Programmer Intern, 2010 to 2011
- Selected for nine-month internship out of more than 150 applicants.
- Handled database and Web site programming tasks (primarily using Java, C, C++, HTML and SharePoint), working an average of 15 hours per week while maintaining a 3.5 GPA.
- Redesigned Internet and intranet pages. Used SEO best practices to optimize Web site for search engine rankings and improved functionality of company database.
- Resolved memory corruption and other technical issues by leveraging strengths in coding, debugging and integration testing.
- Programming/Languages: Java (J2SDK v1.3, J2EE, EJB, Servlets, JSP, Struts, J2ME, JavaBeans, RMI, JDBC, Java Applets); C; C++; Visual Basic; SharePoint; .Net; PHP; MySQL; HTML
- Source Code Control: Visual SourceSafe, Ant.
- Databases: Oracle 8.x/9.x, SQL Server, MS Access
- Design & IDE Tools: Rational Rose, UML, WSAD, Visual Café, VJ++, WebLogic
- Office Tools: MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Visio
- Operating Systems: Windows 7/Vista/Server 2008, Mac OS X
- Volunteered during summers for Habitat for Humanity (2008, 2010) and ABC Homeless Shelter (2009).