Sample Resume for a Midlevel Computer Programmer
Your computer programming career may be on track, but does your resume still need some debugging? Check out our sample resume for a midlevel programmer below to find out. View and download the Midlevel Computer Programmer resume template in Word.
Learn more about IT careers.
Learn more about technology careers.
Midlevel Computer Programmer Resume Sample
555 Dogwood Road, Sometown, AZ 86001
Phone: (555) 555-5555 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | LinkedIn URL
Solutions-driven programmer with a four-year track record of commended performance in modular and object-oriented programming. Well-versed in all phases of the software development lifecycle, with a strong working knowledge of algorithms and data structures. Proven success engineering customized solutions improving business processes, operations and profitability.
- Software Development
- Solutions Deployment
- User Training & Support
- OOAD & RAD
- GUI Design
- Requirements Definition
- Coding & Scripting
- Debugging & Troubleshooting
- Testing & Documentation
TECHNOLOGY SUMMARYProgramming: Java, C, C++, XML, SQL, HTML, Perl, Visual Basic
Software: MS Office Suite (Access, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project), Oracle
Systems: Unix, Linux, Windows (all), Macintosh OS X (basic)
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCEABC COMPANY (Software firm providing solutions to the banking industry) -- Sometown, AZ
Programmer / Analyst, 2010 to Present
Create and customize software applications and tools using advanced development and coding techniques. Manage all phases of application design -- from coding and prototyping through system testing, integration and deployment. Results:
- Created Facebook applications for multiple insurance and banking clients, leveraging social media channels to help businesses stay competitive and build customer loyalty.
- Served as a member of electronic placement project team, developing strategies to ensure compliance with new industry standards for electronic exchange.
- Developed and enhanced programs using Java, C and C++, contributing to solutions that streamlined processes, increased accuracy and lowered costs. Developed back-office application that saved client more than $125K annually.
Intern / Programmer, 2007 to 2010
Hired as a full-time programmer following commended performance in initial intern role. Results:
- Enhanced DEF Bank reporting subsystem that provided new functionality to reporting functions that were previously unavailable.
- Worked on yearlong project creating interface with core MIDAS system to enable automated report generation. Saved thousands of hours annually while increasing accuracy from less than 90% to 99.9%.
ABC UNIVERSITY -- Sometown, AZ | BS in Information Technology, Minor in Finance, 2008