Sample Resume for an Entry-Level Sales Professional
Starting a career in sales? Make sure your resume conveys your key competencies and motivation to succeed.
View and download the Entry-Level Sales Professional resume template in Word.
Learn more about sales careers.
Entry-Level Sales Professional resume template
15 Main St.
Sometown, FL 55555
Home: (555) 555-5555 | Cell: (555) 555-5556 | email@example.com
ENTRY-LEVEL SALES / BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT PROFESSIONAL
- Recent honors graduate of ABC College's communications program -- highly motivated to launch professional sales career.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and relationship-building skills. Listen attentively, communicate persuasively and follow through diligently.
- Technically skilled -- cross-platform expertise (Win/Mac) and proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, QuarkXPress and Photoshop.
- Customer Acquisition
- Referral/Repeat Business Generation
- PowerPoint Presentations
- Public Speaking
- Complaint Handling
- Consultative Sales
- Sales Reports & Correspondence
- Inventory Management
- POS Systems
EDUCATIONABC SCHOOL, Sometown, FL
BA in Communications, GPA: 3.75 (Graduated with honors), May 2011
- Awards: Student Achievement Scholarship (2007 to 2011); Communications Honor Society (2010 to 2011); Frederick McMillan Award for Academic Excellence (2007 to 2011)
- Volunteerism: Save the Children (2007 to Present); Tutor, Miami Family Shelter (2009 to 2010); Crisis Line Staff, Women's Center (2007 to 2008)
WORK EXPERIENCE (concurrent with college studies)Bartender, 2007-present
ABC Restaurant and Lounge, Sometown, FL
Handle the setup, service and daily operations of bar serving an international clientele, tourists and business travelers. Enter orders into POS system; prepare daily sales reports for management; conduct monthly inventory; and perform heavy cash handling and reconciliation functions.
- Earned consistent commendations for exemplary service delivery (average of 100 guests per shift). Regularly singled out on comment cards for "going above and beyond expectations" and "providing outstanding service and attention to guests."
- Recognized for ability to quickly establish rapport with customers, up-sell products and build a loyal clientele.
- Selected and streamlined bar products based on analysis of consumption and sales, resulting in superior inventory and selection for guests.
- Developed floor plans for auxiliary bars used for large private parties. Outcomes included faster service, improved efficiency and enhanced guest satisfaction.
Server / Bartender, 2006-2007
DEF Hotel, Sometown, FL
Served food and beverages at a luxury, historic hotel. Anticipated and met guests' needs while working efficiently in a fast-paced environment.
- Consistently achieved highest per-night sales averages (out of 10+ servers) by up-selling orders and suggesting add-ons/extras to meals.
- Proved the ability to multitask, handle crowds of up to 350 people, resolve customer issues and excel within a demanding, high-volume setting.
Available to Relocate Nationwide