Sample Resume for an Executive Assistant
Busy executives count on you to be their "right hand," but could you use a hand in developing your resume for the best executive assistant jobs? Check out this resume sample for an executive assistant for ideas on how to showcase your office-management skills and experience. View and download the Executive Assistant resume template in Word.
Learn more about administrative careers.
Executive Assistant resume template
Executive Assistant 15 Sunshine Drive
Sometown, NM 87501
Home: 555-555-5555 | firstname.lastname@example.org | LinkedIn URL
- Accomplished executive assistant offering 12 years of administrative experience reporting to a CEO and other top executives.
- Consummate professional dedicated to making the lives of busy executives easier. Serve as an effective gatekeeper; prepare well-researched and accurate documents; manage busy calendars; and efficiently handle daily office tasks.
- Proficient user of MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access and Outlook). Type 75 WPM.
ABC COMPANY, Sometown, NM
Executive Assistant, 2006 to Present
- Provide administrative and business support to the CEO of Sometown’s largest manufacturing firm and support other members of the executive management team.
- Maintain CEO’s calendar -- plan and schedule meetings, teleconferences and travel.
- Negotiated favorable terms and pricing agreements with resorts, vendors, caterers and other providers for service at special events, saving at least $50K annually.
- Improved office efficiency by implementing color-coded filing system and introducing additional time-saving measures.
- Enhanced communication between manufacturing department and executive team, fostering a sense of teamwork and collaboration.
DEF COMPANY, LLC, Sometown, NM
Executive Assistant, 2000 to 2006
- Supported law firm’s senior partner, researching legal documents for LLCs, S corps, C corps, limited partnerships and other entities.
- Handled accounts payable and receivable, prepared bank deposits, controlled inventory, and maintained equipment and technology.
- Planned and coordinated PR initiatives, business development events, partner retreats, holiday parties and more.
- Completed staff orientation seminars for approximately 30 attorneys, paralegals, legal secretaries and support staff.
ABC COLLEGE, Sometown, NM
AAS in Business Management, 1992
- SkillPath: “Managing Multiple Projects, Objectives and Deadlines”
- Fred Pryor: “The Exceptional Assistant” and “Successful Communication Skills for Women”
- Stephen R. Covey: “The 7 Habits of Highly Successful People”