Sample Resume for an Executive Manager
To be the successful job candidate in any field, it helps to have a comprehensive resume. View our senior executive sample resume below to learn how to convey your own skills and experience.
View and download the Sample Resume for an Executive Manager in Word.
Learn more about executive careers.
Edward C. Bishop
200 Pike Street | Seattle, WA 98101
email@example.com | 206.555.2065
Global Process Improvements • C-Level Collaboration • Key Alliances • Brand & Public Image • Resource Optimization • Marketing Campaigns • Year-over-Year Growth
Accomplished and creative executive possessing multifaceted experience and a proven ability to revitalize organizations, initiate company-wide campaigns, and capture untapped opportunities for growth. Results-oriented, decisive leader; adept at forging lucrative relationships with key partners, vendors, and clients.
Led the charge to overhaul a struggling company's operations, achieving sustained growth for 4 straight years
Designed a modern employee recognition program which boosted productivity across the board
Award-winning background includes recognition as a nationally-acclaimed executive and a history of positioning companies for unparalleled profits and publicity
Chief Executive Officer - 7/2011 – Present
Hamilton & Hamilton Co., Seattle, WA
Drive year-over-year business growth while leading operations, strategic vision, and long-range planning with full responsibility for bottom-line factors, global product development, and partner relationships. Provide cross-functional management with a bottom-line focus on profitability, visibility, and sustainability. Direct two Vice Presidents, COO, CFO, and six Regional Directors spanning the west coast, New York, and the UK. Continually enhance and redefine organizational structure to maintain company's competitive edge across territories.
- Captured win-win contracts with major financial partners, leading to 72% revenue growth in 3 years.
- Substantially improved productivity while reducing staffing and operational costs by 28%.
- Spearheaded overhaul of company best practices, leading to significantly increased staff retention rates and top rank in Seattle's Best Companies for both 2014 and 2015.
- Personally led weekly meetings with executive leadership to identify opportunities for improvement, establish milestones, and tailor products to individual markets.
Vice President, Marketing & Outreach - 3/2007 – 7/2011
Community Technologies, San Francisco, CA
Advanced into VP role due to years of excellence with this established public relations firm; directed regional and international marketing efforts in direct support of President and Board of Directors. Spearheaded vision, strategy, and execution of global business operations; streamlined branding, mission statement, and public campaigns by leveraging new and emerging technologies. Gathered, analyzed, and presented key metrics to executive leadership; mentored management teams and coordinated workflow for 50+ staff.
- Conceived innovative marketing strategy that increased annual company revenue by 17%.
- Launched new rewards program to identify and celebrate staff performance, in addition to an accolades tracking system that awarded creativity and encouraged internal mobility.
- Garnered new partnerships with both local and national businesses; new growth led to establishment and launch of second corporate office with 12 new hires.
Senior Marketing Director - 7/2001 – 2/2007
Community Technologies, San Francisco, CA
Directed team of marketing specialists and product developers to facilitate and execute highly successful product launches while driving engagement with key clients. Managed and motivated departments to ensure projects are on track, on target, and within budget; liaised with partners, media professionals, and senior leadership to optimize both print and digital marketing collateral.
- Held full responsibility for managing seven flagship launches from inception to completion with clients including Target, Macy's, and Best Buy.
- Recommended early adoption of corporate social media branding, leading to new, lucrative contracts.
- Leveraged emerging analytics tools to identify trends related to online traffic, sales, and publicity.
Product Manager - 8/1996 – 6/2001
First Bank of Salem, Salem, OR
Directed product and regional marketing operations for this established financial institution, responsible for streamlining and generating interest in new customer-facing products. Trained branch managers, loan officers, and customer service representatives on best practices, operational standards, and regulations.
Additional experience includes multiple roles in the finance and education industries.
Education & Professional Development
Master of Business Administration (MBA) – University of Oregon, Eugene, OR
Bachelor of Arts, Marketing – University of California, Berkeley, Berkeley, CA
Community Involvement & Associations
Board of Directors, Alliance for Education
Member, Sales and Marketing Executives International | American Marketing Association | Washington Business Alliance