Sample Resume for an HVAC Technician
Position yourself for the best HVAC technician jobs by making sure your HVAC technician resume fully conveys the scope of your skills and training. This sample shows you how.
View and download the Sample Resume for an HVAC Technician in Word.
Learn more about skilled trades careers.
Learn more about maintenance careers.
9012 Second Avenue | Boise, Idaho 83701
email@example.com | H 208.770.8800 / C 208.770.4561
Highly skilled and safety conscious technician with technical acumen and experience managing and prioritizing large volumes of work orders for commercial and residential properties.
- Equipment Installation
- Blueprint Interpretation
- Outstanding Customer Service
- Troubleshooting & Diagnostics
- Electrical & Mechanical Repairs
- Project Management
- Preventive Maintenance
- Welding & Fabrication
- Safety & Compliance
Dagmoor, Inc., Boise, Idaho - 5/2010 to Present
Serve as senior technician leading installation and maintenance of air conditioning, heating, ventilation, steam distribution, and refrigeration equipment in commercial facilities.
- Install compressors, evaporators, motors, ducts, and piping as well as mechanical/electrical controls; read and interpret blueprints/diagrams.
- Conduct preventive and corrective maintenance on bearings, pumps, polyphase motors, shaft alignments and fans; document all maintenance/repair actions and manage equipment records.
- Troubleshoot breakdowns and repair malfunctioning HVAC systems and components; utilize measuring and testing instruments.
- Delivered outstanding customer service as main point of contact for project inquiries; achieved 100% quality service rating in random client surveys.
- Routinely worked overtime, weekends, and holidays to ensure complete customer satisfaction.
HVAC/R Service Technician
Pettermann Corp., Boise, Idaho - 3/2006 to 5/2010
Installed, repaired, and maintained rooftop units, split systems, central plants, VAV boxes, boilers, controls, pneumatics, and other mechanical equipment.
- Tested, troubleshot, and repaired systems by identifying malfunctions and replacing parts and components. Read diagrams, specifications, drawings, blueprints, and schematics.
- Participated in numerous professional development activities to update knowledge and increase service/repair capabilities.
- Demonstrated exceptional time management skills; organized and prioritized high volume of work orders to ensure maximum quality and service to customers.
Ziscape, Inc., Twin Falls, Idaho - 11/2004 to 3/2006
Completed a variety of residential and light commercial projects, installing boilers, forced air equipment, gas piping, and ductwork.
- Assessed customer service needs; repaired and installed appropriate components. Traveled extensively throughout assigned region to provide prompt service to new and existing customers.
- Maintained professional customer relationships, communicating complex information to update customers on project status.
- Achieved high ratio of customer satisfaction and lowest rate of repeat service calls for initial installation.
Facilities Maintenance Assistant
Denellz, Inc., Twin Falls, Idaho - 2/2002 to 11/2004
Served as member of team maintaining and repairing HVAC, plumbing, and electrical systems.
- Collaborated with licensed contractors on installation and repair services for complex building maintenance projects.
- Recognized for efficiency in troubleshooting, diagnosing, repairing, and performing preventative maintenance on building and facility HVAC systems.
Education & Certificates
Associate of Applied Science in Electromechanical Technology | Idaho State College, Boise, Idaho
Green HVAC/R Certified
HVAC Controls & Air Distribution
Refrigerant Disposal & Recycling
Air Conditioning and Refrigeration with Principles of Heating Applications
Troubleshooting Electrical Control Circuits
Boiler Operation, Maintenance & Safety