Sample Resume for an Investment Banker
Going for an investment banking position? This sample resume below shows how to communicate your credentials.
View and download the Sample Resume for an Investment Banker in Word.
Learn more about banking careers.
123 Main Street • Chicago, Illinois 60290
Cell 800-550-5000 • firstname.lastname@example.org
More than 7 years of investment management experience with award-winning results.
Well-developed relationship management expertise that complements account acquisition skills.
Broad knowledge of numerous financial instruments and complex investment scenarios.
- Portfolio Management
- Mutual & Hedge Funds
- Client Relations
- Private & Institution Accounts
- High-Impact Presentations
- Team Leadership
- Negotiation & Closing
- Regulatory Compliance
- Exceeding Revenue Goals
Shattered performance expectations, including adding $12.7M in assets in one year.
Attained national renown for outstanding performance on highly traded mutual funds.
Recognized among the top 200 advisors worldwide.
Investment Officer - 11/2010 – Present
Heritage Trust, Chicago, Illinois
Lead team in investment product sales; oversee relationship-banking team with a tireless focus on increasing revenue and maximizing profitability. Consult with clients to assess financial situations and goals; develop targeted investment strategies.
- Consistently maintained 100% or better of established production goals.
- Successfully attained 127% of 2011’s $10M objective through outstanding relationship management.
- Earned multiple national awards for outstanding acumen and above-the-bar production with Kieheen Capital and Persephone mutual funds in 2013 and 2014.
- Received Alliance Capital Advisory Award for ranking among the top 200 advisers worldwide for new business development.
Investment Associate - 7/2008 – 11/2010
Edward Jones, Portland, Oregon
Assisted Outside Sales Representatives throughout the investment sales process. Coordinated transactions with top brokerage houses.
- Supported continual revenue growth by planning and executing client-focused sales events.
- Assisted sales team with securing and growing major institutional account that added millions of dollars to total assets under management.
Education and Credentials
Bachelor of Business Administration (MBA) – 2008 | Oregon State University, Portland, Oregon
Professional Licenses: FINRA Series 7, 6, 63, & 65
Training & Development: Dale Carnegie Sales Training | Leadership & Team Building