Sample Resume for an Entry-Level IT Developer
Launching your career as a Web developer? If your Web sites sizzle but your resume fizzles, check out this sample resume below for ideas on how to improve it. View and download the Entry-Level IT Developer resume template in Word.
This resume was created by the experts behind Monster’s Resume Services. Get a free resume evaluation today.
Search for Web developer jobs.
Entry-Level IT Developer resume template
1405 Columbia Ave., Apt. #17
Sometown, OH 43085
Home: 555-555-5555 | email@example.com | BeFound Profile
@twitterhandle | LinkedIn | Portfolio Link
- Junior Web developer able to build a Web presence from the ground up -- from concept, navigation, layout and programming to UX and SEO.
- Fast learner, hard worker and team player who is proficient in an array of scripting languages and multimedia Web tools.
Adobe Suite: Skilled in Adobe CS5.5 Web Premium -- Dreamweaver, Flash Catalyst, Flash Professional, Flash Builder, Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat X Pro, Fireworks, Contribute, Bridge, Device Central and Media Encoder.
Additional Web Tools: Skilled in Rich Internet Applications including Flash, Flex, AIR and JavaFX. Experienced in using REST, SOAP and XML. Familiar with FrontPage, Webtrends and validation tools.
ABC UNIVERSITY -- Sometown, OH
BS, Information Technology, Concentration in Web Site Development, degree expected 6/2012
- Web & Multimedia Development
- Digital & Interactive Design
- Graphic & GUI Design
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- 3D Animation & Agile Methodologies
- Web Content Management
- Internet Technologies
- Compression Formats
- Audio/Video Editing
- System Security
Web Development Experience
ABC CHARITY, Sometown Chapter -- Sometown, OH
Web Developer, Summers 2009-2011
Volunteered as a Web developer for newly opened animal shelter.
- Co-developed a dynamic, secure Web site from scratch. Launched visually appealing, user-friendly Webscape with interactive features to optimize traffic, page views, site "stickiness" and user experience (UX).
- Used SEO best practices to elevate organization's Web presence.
- Created online surveys, contests and donation forms that boosted funding and organizational visibility. Helped drive $38K in ecommerce revenues.
- Engineered innovative "Adopt-a-Pet" Web application customized for mobile devices. Honored with "Volunteer of the Year" award as a result.