Sample Resume for an Entry-Level Quality Engineer
Do you need to put your resume to the test? Check out our sample resume for an entry-level software quality engineer below for ideas on how you can improve the quality of your own resume. View and download the Entry-Level Quality Engineer resume template in Word.
Learn more about quality assurance careers.
Entry-Level Quality Engineer Resume Sample
55 Spring Way
Sometown, MA 02124
Entry-Level Software Quality Engineer
Highly motivated technology professional launching career as a software quality engineer. Bring to the table hands-on experience in the testing of software systems supporting VB.Net products and interfaces. Knowledge of standard industry QA methodologies and the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC). Familiar with MS programming technologies including .Net Framework, C#, VB.Net, SQL Server, T-SQL, IIS and ASP. Dedicated to continuing professional development – recently earned Java SE 7 Programmer certification and completed an intensive VB.Net training program.
- Software Testing & Debugging
- Test Plans and Script Development
- Configuration & Troubleshooting
- User Training & Support
- Project Management
- Technical Writing (Manuals/System Specs)
ABC University – Sometown, MA
Bachelor of Science, Major in Computer Science, 5/2011
Degree Program Highlights:
- Object-Oriented Programming, Object-Oriented Data Structures and Algorithms, Database Management Systems, Application Server Programming, Human Computer Interaction, Enterprise Software Architecture, Technical Communication, Information Systems Security
- Oracle Certified Professional, Java SE 7 Programmer (OCPJP), 2011
- Oracle Certified Associate, Java SE 7 Programmer (OCAJP), 2011
- ABC Technology Firm, VB.Net Desktop and Database training (10-day program), 2011
DEF Company – Sometown, MA
Software Quality Engineer, 6/2011 to 2/2012
- Planned, developed and administered software test plans to detect and diagnose errors and bugs for the company’s VB.Net product line.
- Performed regression, integration, platform and performance testing to certify the stability and usability of software systems.
- Developed and executed test programs that helped improve accuracy of QA results.
- Provided comprehensive software release documentation and training to support staff after compiling QA test outcomes.
Previous Experience: Held several clerical positions at ABC College and provided assistance to students with disabilities to help finance education.