Sample resume for a receptionist
Looking to man the front desk? Make sure your resume puts your best skills forward.
Learn more about administrative careers.
Receptionist Resume Sample
5800 Park Drive, #37
Sometown, IA 57000
(555) 555-5555 | email@example.com
- Excelled in role requiring the ability to handle a variety of customer service and administrative tasks and resolve customer issues with expediency.
- Demonstrated proficiencies in telephone and front-desk reception within a high-volume environment. Calmed upset/angry customers, researched and rapidly solved problems and rebuilt client trust to prevent the loss of key accounts.
- Led "cleanup" of company database and files. Restored organization to personnel, financial and operational records and accelerated data input, processing and retrieval times.
- Consistently praised by management for the quality and timeliness of reports, attention to detail, exemplary customer service delivery and team-player attitude.
- Served as first point of contact for students, faculty and staff calling or visiting the main administrative office. Efficiently operated campus switchboard and provided prompt, courteous and knowledgeable assistance.
- Transformed previously manual processes relating to vendor/supplier records into an efficient, computerized system. Efforts exposed overcharges and double billing to recover $5,000 in erroneous payments and prevent their recurrence.
AS in Business
- "Avery is a first-rate administrative support professional...excels in organizing our busy office… ensures all of our customers' needs are taken care of…truly an exceptional employee..." -- Excerpts from 2010 Performance Review
Like what you’ve read? Join Monster to get personalized articles and job recommendations—and to help recruiters find you.