Sample Resume for an Entry-Level Systems Administrator
Are you excited to launch your systems administrator career, but fear that your resume needs a disaster recovery plan? This sample resume below can help.
View and download the Entry-Level Systems Administrator resume template in Word.
Learn more about IT careers.
Entry-Level Systems Administrator resume template
1212 South West Ave.
Sometown, MA 02102
Home: 555.555.5555 | email@example.com | LinkedIn URL
Junior Systems Administrator
- Highly motivated systems administrator offering hands-on experience in a Unix environment.
- Experience configuring, monitoring, upgrading and maintaining systems hardware, software and related infrastructure.
- Strong analytical skills; able to work with technicians from various engineering disciplines to troubleshoot complex system-level issues.
BS in Computer Information Systems (Network Admin Track), 2011
Sometown College, Sometown, MA
- Dean’s List (2009 to 2011); Alpha Iota Mu (international CIS honor society); graduated with honors (GPA: 3.78)
- Course highlights: network administration, network design & analytics, system security, project management, systems analysis, database administration, business information systems
Certification: Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), 2011
Systems Administrator Intern, 2010 to 2011
ABC Company, Sometown, MA
- Provided systems administration support for Unix systems including server and workstation upgrades, backup and disaster recovery monitoring, user account setup and security administration.
- Created and optimized Unix shell scripts using Bourne, Korn and Bash shells.
- Performed regular system backups and recovery procedures, closely following SOPs to ensure system security.
- Helped resolve virus outbreak as member of a team that quickly isolated and removed virus that had infiltrated systems.
- Worked on project that added a new layer to SAP user interface, reducing data-entry time by more than 15%.
- Commended for technical, analytical and problem-solving skills; effective task prioritization; and customer service orientation.
Computer Operator (concurrent with college), 2009 to 2010
XYZ Company, Sometown, MA
- Monitored night-batch job process, documented errors, performed nightly backups and troubleshot issues.
- Developed scripts to automate network administration tasks and application deployments.
- Facilitated swift resolution of embedded scripting error on Unix system that was freezing printing operations for more than 100 users.
Systems Admin Skills
Unix Administration | Unix Shell Scripting,
Perl Scripting | AIX, HP-UX Troubleshooting,
VIO Administration | VMware ESX/vSphere, LDAP, Web Services
(IIS, Apache) | Sun Servers | SAN Storage | MySQL
Networking & Protocols
LANs/WANs, TCP/IP | Cisco 2500 and 2600 Routers,
Netgear FVS318v3 Firewall Routers,
Active Directory Domain Controllers,
DNS, VoIP | Wireless/VPN Architecture
Available for Weekend & Evening Shifts also Able to Relocate Nationwide