Sample Resume for a Truck Driver
To steer your way to the best truck driver jobs, it helps to have a complete and customized resume. View our sample resume for a truck driver below to help get your own resume in gear.
View and download the Sample Resume for a Truck Driver in Word.
Learn more about transportation careers.
113 Evergreen Terrace · Elk Grove, California 95624
firstname.lastname@example.org · (916) 555-3846
Dedicated, safety-conscious Truck Driver with more than 14 years of experience transporting and delivering freight throughout the western United States.
- Focused on ensuring on-time delivery within specified timeframes; assist with load / unload process and promote customer loyalty and retention.
- Solid track record achieving efficient, cost-effective transportation operations of goods and hazardous materials while maintaining compliance with federal, state, and municipal regulations.
- In-depth knowledge of specialized transportation equipment, including reefers, tankers, pneumatic bulkers, and double pups.
- Outstanding safety and driving record with friendly, professional attitude; sustain record of zero preventable accidents and proactively perform vehicle and equipment checks.
CTD Transportation – Sacramento, California
Driver, 10/2010 – Present
Deliver fuel to service stations for regional transporter of petroleum products. Oversee refueling to ensure compliance with all regulations governing safe handling of flammable and hazardous materials. Maintain comprehensive delivery records and facilitate management of customer accounts by placing orders, collecting payments, and providing records of transaction.
- Maintained consistent on-time delivery record with 90% of all orders arriving ahead of schedule.
- Recognized for outstanding professional achievement, earning company’s Safe Driving Award for three years running.
Rock and Sand, Inc. – Sacramento, California
Delivery Driver, 3/2006 – 9/2010
Ensured timely delivery of sand, gravel, and concrete products to numerous local construction sites. Mixed concrete to customer-specified slump levels and assisted contractors in pouring foundations, footing, and slabs. Provided detailed reports on mechanical and equipment condition / failures to facilitate maintenance.
Timber Green, Inc. – Modesto, California
Driver, 2/2001 – 2/2006
Transported raw timber from harvest sites to processing facilities. Assisted logging crew and mill foremen in loading and unloading timber from trailer. Tracked and maintained logs in accordance with Hours-of-Service (HOS) regulations. Reported damaged or malfunctioning equipment to company mechanics.
Training and Licensure
Certificate of Completion
Truck Driving School – Sacramento, California
Licensure: CDL with Class A, T&X Endorsements