Sample resume for entry-level registered nurses (RN)
Use your clinicals, internships and nursing school classes to build a powerful entry-level nursing resume. View the sample resume below and download the entry-level RN resume template in Word. And if you need more help, let the experts at Monster's Resume Writing Service create a high-impact resume for you that will impress employers.
Entry-Level RN Resume Sample
Marcy Jones, BSN, RN
Sometown, PA 19000 | (215) 555-5555 | email@example.com | LinkedIn URL
- Registered Nurse (RN) with specialty experience in psychiatric nursing. Developed strong psychiatric-evaluation and treatment-planning skills through RN role at ABC Department of Corrections. Knowledge of psychotropic medication administration, management and training.
- Reliable, ethical healthcare provider with the ability to stay calm and intervene during crises, facilitate groups and collaborate on multidisciplinary teams. Proven ability to build positive relationships with patients, family members, physicians and other medical professionals.
Registered Nurse, 11/2016 to Present
ABC Department of Corrections, Sometown, PA
Hired as an RN following internship at a hospital within a maximum-security correctional facility housing 3,500 inmates. Assigned to the mental health crisis unit and play a key role on interdisciplinary team of psychiatrists, RNs, social workers and corrections officers.
- Helped refine unit policies and procedures in the areas of suicide-watch procedures, safety methods, discharge planning and documentation.
- Responded to volatile situations and violent outbreaks, earning the respect of team members for levelheaded and quick thinking to restore the safety and security of patients, staff and inmates.
- Completed training in management of assaultive behaviors and psychotropic-medication administration.
Student Nurse | Clinical Rotations
DEF Hospital, Sometown, PA
Worked under the supervision of an RN providing bedside care, treatment and clinical documentation for patients on cardiac, oncology and medical-surgical floors.
- Treated an average of 16 patients daily¾double the average student caseload. Gained experience in procedures such as cryotherapy and trigger-point injections.
- Presented in-service training on ethics concerning elderly atrial fibrillation treatment.
- Earned a reputation for nursing excellence. Supervisor comments: “Marcy’s clinical skills are impressive…she would be an asset to any nursing team.”
Nurse Practicum | 150 hours
GHI Hospital, Psychiatric Unit, Sometown, PA
Completed RN-supervised practicum providing nursing care to patients with both acute and chronic mental health issues.
Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
XYZ College of Nursing, Sometown, PA
Course Highlights: Healthcare Delivery Models, Nursing Health Assessment, Clinical and Chemical Therapeutics, Biophysical Pathology, Psychosocial Pathology, Human Anatomy and Physiology, Statistics, Nursing Research
Registered Nurse, State of Pennsylvania