RN – Contract– Days and Nights Needed
AdventHealth Central Texas - Emergency Unit Contract RNs
Location Address: 2201 S Clear Creek Rd., Killeen, TX76549
Top Reasons to Work At AdventHealth Central Texas, Killeen, TX
- Our care for patients extend to the spiritual level by praying with patients and families and providing on call, 24 hours, 7 days a week Chaplains for spiritual support.
- Award winning facility with opportunities to grow both professionally and personally working with great individuals, part of a bigger team that continues to build a world-class culture where you become family.
- Extraordinary benefits to include tuition reimbursement and on-campus classes.
- Cost of living is 20 percent lower than the national average
- Largest school district in the area, with more than 50 elementary, middle, high school, and specialized campuses to choose from
- Surrounded close to Ft. Hood, Copperas Cove, to Belton and Lampasas with plenty of restaurants, shopping and other family fun events.
- Miles of scenic trails and parks available for recreational activity
PRN Contract (Every unit is open to interview)
You Will Be Responsible For:
- Assesses, develops, implements, and evaluates a comprehensive plan of care through a multidisciplinary care team process in conjunction with the patient/family in internal and external settings.
- Comprehensively assess patients' goals as well as their biophysical, psychosocial, environmental and discharge planning needs by procuring services through hospital resources.
- Contacts other key members of the team as needed.
- Seeks peer consultation regarding cases that present problems/significant variances.
What You Will Need:
- 3 years RN experience.
- Completion of an Associate Degree, Diploma, Baccalaureate, or master’s degree program in Nursing.
- Currently licensed to practice as a Registered Nurse in the state of Texas, or in a qualifying compact state.
- Emergency Staff: Team Members with at least one year of relevant experience hired for a clearly defined time period (in 60-day or 90-day increments) that receive a special emergency rate of pay per the Emergency Temporary PRN Agreement.
- Orientation: All Emergency Staff must attend appropriate general orientation class per facility requirements. Clinical staff must also attend clinical orientation as deemed appropriate by assigned facility.
- As a member of AdventHealth Emergency Staff you agree to the following:
- Must be willing to work ANY shift including nights, holidays, and weekends, with a minimum of 4 12-hour shifts per pay week.
- Must work any holiday that falls in the emergency time frame.
- Will be the first to be called off in low census.
- The work schedules and assignments will be at sole discretion of nursing administration.
- In the event an Emergency Staff member cannot work an assigned shift, they must notify the Nursing Supervisor and their assigned unit at least 2 hours prior to the shift; and make up the shift at the discretion of the Department Director. Two missed shifts that are not made up will be considered willful termination of this Agreement.
- Any overtime must be pre-approved by Department Director.
- AdventHealth does not provide Emergency Staff with a guarantee of a minimum number of working hours per week during this period and hereby reserves the right, based on census/staffing needs of the division, to cancel any shift and/or shifts. The employee shall not be compensated should cancelled shifts occur.
- Emergency staff members will be expected to float to other areas of assignment within the healthcare system at the direction of the Department Director and within their scope of practice and competency.
- Emergency staff are not eligible for benefits, other than those defined by Federal and State Law and as stated in the AdventHealth Benefits Summary.
- Emergency staff will be required to keep their licenses, certifications, and registrations in an active status. Employees who permit their required licenses, certifications and/or registrations to expire/lapse will be placed on an unpaid suspension and not allowed to be placed on schedule.
- Emergency staff shall not interpret this Agreement as a guarantee for future and/or permanent employment with AdventHealth
- Emergency Staff requesting any extensions to a prior Agreement must sign a revised emergency agreement. Verbal agreements are non-binding.