Vanir Construction Management, Inc. has been exceeding client expectations for 35 years. Our progressive growth and quality of service has led Vanir to become consistently ranked among the top construction management firms in the nation by Engineering News-Record. As we continue growing into new areas and markets, our focus is to maintain a team of creative, ambitious, and visionary individuals.
Vanir Construction Management, Inc. has a unique opportunity for a talented individual to assist in the continued strategic growth of our organization. The position of Scheduling Manager in Project Controls, located in Sacramento, California will work in a collaborative manner with internal and external clients to deliver intelligent solutions to ensure quality project delivery. The Scheduling Manager will be instrumental in integrating best practices and project deliverables. This individual will be responsible for performing highly complex construction scheduling activities and will provide technical direction to the scheduling staff engaged in planning, scheduling, monitoring, progress analysis and reporting.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Monitor the overall integrity of the project schedule and budgets and forecast in accordance with approved standard operating procedures
- Provide quality assurance to functional staff regarding all schedule tracking and cost reporting
- Conduct schedule and cost variance analysis of reported data to identify trends and mitigate potential schedule delays and budget impacts
- Review, analysis and oversight of monthly schedule updates and cost reports and monthly progress reports
- Travel to off site project locations as required
- Other job-related duties or projects as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Construction Management, Architecture, Engineering, or related degree is required.
- Ideal candidates will have 10+ years minimum of recent professional experience in project controls, project scheduling and cost control on a public works construction program.
- Proven leadership experience and strong communication, writing, and computer skills are essential.
- Develop and maintain program schedules identifying relationships, logic, milestones, and constraints for various programs.
- Prior experience developing program schedules and performing critical path, earned value, and schedule time impact analysis is preferred.
- Demonstrated comprehensive analysis skills including resource loading, cost loading, analyses of change orders, time extension requests and schedule impact analyses.
- Must be able to manage manage the program schedule and update process while collaborating with internal and external clients.
- Able to effectively lead completion planning scheduling efforts with GC, CM and client.
- Assist in development of automated program/project performance reports and KPI graphics.
- Experience with new project management system implementation and data migration.
- Develop and enhance standard ad hoc reports, dashboards, KPI reports and other summary/transactional based reports for internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to take initiative and create value-added solutions to integrate best practices with project controls deliverables is desired.
- Strong communication, presentation, writing, and computer skills are essential.
- Proficiency in Primavera Project Management (5.0 or 6.1), Primavera Project Planner(P3) and Microsoft Office Suite is required.
- Experience in using SQL to retrieve data from various data sets is also preferred.
If you're interested in working for Vanir Construction Management, Inc., please visit our website to learn more and to apply online at www.vanir.com.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Request Priority Protected Veteran Referrals
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Persons with medical limitations may, with reasonable accommodations, be capable of performing the duties of this position. Such a determination must be made on an individual basis considering the person's limitations, the requirements of the position, and the company's ability to make reasonable accommodations to the person's limitations.
We Participate in E-Verify
Pursuant to the Ban The Box Act/Fair Chance Initiative, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.