At a Glance
- You’re a motivated rising junior or Masters-level student with a 3.0 GPA or higher seeking a degree in one of the following areas listed below from an accredited college or university:
- This is a learning-intensive program designed to give you essential business insights and hands-on experience in your field of choice. It’s a full-time, 10-week commitment from June 2, 2021 through August 6, 2021.
The Spectrum Internship Experience
- Benefits include professional development sessions, networking opportunities, and mentorship.
You have clear aspirations and are seeking a summer internship program that will help you meet them. Find it at Spectrum, named one of the Top 100 Internship Programs in the United States by WayUp.
Our internships are designed to provide:
What you can expect in this role
- Opportunities to gain new skills and elevate the ones you already have, all in a robust and forward-thinking business setting.
- First-rate, hands-on experience in the telecommunications industry.
- Opportunities to connect you with people who can give you a better understanding of the industry and help you accomplish real goals you can add to your résumé, this includes assigning you a formal mentor and interactions with senior executives.
As a Spectrum Intern, you’ll be essential to two teams — your respective department and your Intern peer group. Department and team-focused projects account for about 80% of your schedule. You’ll spend the other 20% on professional development sessions and networking activities, including the Kickoff Conference on June 2, webinars, community service, cross-functional project, and final presentations.
Internship responsibilities may include
The intern will be a data scientist supporting our mobile project team. As such, they will support designing, building and extracting large and complex data sets to develop reliable and robust data for modeling and analysis. They will support determining the appropriate modeling and methodology for working with this data to help understand customer experience on our mobile network.Here’s what it takes to get started
- Must be currently enrolled in an accredited College or University completing Bachelor’s or advanced degree
- Must have at least a 3.0 GPA or greater in current program
- Ability to travel locally to Spectrum Intern development events and activities throughout the program
- Authorization to work in the U.S. without restrictions or need for future sponsorship
Pursuing degree in Computer Science, Physics, Math, Statistics, Economics, Quantitative Analysis, Data Science or equivalent. Programming experience in one of python, R, SQL preferred, C/C++, Java, MATLAB acceptable. Courses in statistics, modeling, and/or applied mathematics preferred.
Salaries depend on geography, experience, and education; negotiations begin at $18.50
For more information on Spectrum’s benefits, please click here.