HAVERHILL PUBLIC SCHOOLS
HAVERHILL, MASSACHUSETTS 01830
ANNOUNCEMENT OF POSITION
HAVERHILL PUBLIC SCHOOLS IS A DIVERSE ENVIRONMENT AND IS PROUD TO BE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. ALL QUALIFIED CANDIDATES WILL RECEIVE CONSIDERATION
Title of Position: 7D BUS DRIVERS (VAN)
Work Year: 12 months
Benefits include Health, Dental and Retirement for full-time employees after probationary period.
Effective Date of Employment: As Soon As Possible
Organizational Relationship or Line of Authority: Directly responsible to the Supervisor of Transportation and to the Director of Staff and Student Services.
To provide safe and efficient transportation so that students may enjoy the fullest possible advantage from the district’s curriculum and extracurricular program.
Statement of Duties:
- Obeys traffic laws.
- Observes all mandatory safety regulations for school buses.
- Maintains discipline when students are on bus.
- Reports undisciplined students to the proper authority.
- Keeps assigned bus clean.
- Keeps to assigned schedule.
- Checks bus before each operation for mechanical defects.
- Notifies the proper authority in case of mechanical failure or lateness.
- Discharges students only at authorized stops.
- Exercises responsible leadership when on out-of-district school trips.
- Transports only authorized students.
- Reports all accidents and completes required reports.
- Enforces regulations against smoking and eating on the bus.
- Performs all duties as indicated by the Superintendent of Schools or his/her designees and the policies of the Haverhill School Committee.
- Valid 7D License
- Demonstrate qualities of neatness/cleanliness.
- Demonstrate ability to adapt to change, be compatible with children and adults, and be able to function in a school environment.
- Demonstrate aptitude or of competence for assigned responsibilities.
- Excellent customer service, problem solving, and communication skills required.
- Some dispatching may be required.
- Such alternatives to the above qualifications the Superintendent of Schools may find appropriate and acceptable.
Closing Date for Receipt of Application: Until Filled
School Spring Posting #: 3315498
Address all Applications and
Letter of Intent to: School Spring (Preferred)
Haverhill Public Schools
Human Resource Department
4 Summer Street - Room 104
Haverhill, MA 01830
An Equal Opportunity Employer
The Haverhill Public Schools is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is in compliance with Federal regulations prohibiting discrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or disability.