Accounting Advisory Manager
What does BPM stand for? Innovation, opportunity, community, diversity, inclusivity, flexibility and so much more.
B-P-M stands for “Because People Matter,” because at our core, our people drive everything we do and how we do it.
We are a forward-thinking, full-service accounting firm providing modern solutions to businesses across the globe. We focus on comprehensive assurance, tax, and consulting services for our clients, and we provide our people and our community with the resources to lead meaningful and purposeful lives.
While we are one of the largest California-based accounting firms, our flexible work locations and schedules mean we have professionals across the continent. Our teams and our clients drive us to provide quality services and ignite unique insights and ideas that contribute to our continued success. Our clients come from different backgrounds and industries, which keep our people intellectually challenged every day.
Our initiatives and ideals lead to our continued recognition as one of the “Best Places to Work” in the Bay Area and beyond. We are dedicated to providing meaningful careers for all of our employees along with fostering an environment that allows an integrated lifestyle. Our flexible culture allows our professionals to live a balanced lifestyle between their work responsibilities and personal commitments.
Accounting Advisory Overview:
BPM’s Business & Outsourcing Services team provides comprehensive financial and business advisory services to private, owner-run companies, including family-owned businesses and start-ups. We do this by providing outsource accounting services, cash flow modeling, financial reporting. We also represent companies in securing loans and financing, develop succession plans and exit strategies, and support company growth through tax planning, risk management, system and processes optimization and merger and acquisition integration.
In addition, as part of the Advisory Service Line, our Business Enterprise Services Team (BEST) works with clients on their ERP system implementation needs, introducing and utilizing technology, to streamline their accounting processes and procedures.
• A unique people-centered culture that attracts the brightest and most forward-thinking accounting professionals.
• The resources, expertise, and global capability of a Big Four accounting firm together with the responsiveness and accessibility of a local firm.
• A regional presence in the Bay Area, while still serving our clients nationally and internationally.
• Recognition as one of the Bay Area’s “Best Place to Work” and “No. 1 Best Large Accounting Firm to Work For” by Accounting Today.
You Have (Requirements):
• An active CPA license.
• Minimum 7 years’ experience between both public accounting and industry as part of an accounting function.
• BS/BA degree in Accounting or Finance.
• Demonstrated management experience with increasing levels of responsibility.
• Experience developing and mentoring junior level staff.
• Strong operational and technical accounting background, including ability to research complex technical accounting issues independently.
• Professionalism and discretion in interacting with firm leadership and client executives.
• Strong presentation skills with the ability to address both executive and technical level audiences.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills with strong attention to detail.
• High energy, enthusiasm and an entrepreneurial spirit!
You Will (Responsibilities):
• Oversee, supervise and manage multiple accounting services for our clients.
• Have “in-charge” responsibilities for small to mid-size private company family run businesses.
• Be managing most of the day to day accounting for multiple clients.
• Assist in month-end close to include A/P, A/R, journal entries, account reconciliations and assisting in preparation of financial statements, and financial reports.
• Provide information to the tax department and prepare the client federal and state tax returns.
• Research, understand and apply complex accounting concepts, and understand processes and internal controls.
• Set budgets, select staff, and assign workloads.
• Develop and maintain client relationships, thus driving clients satisfaction.
• Develop, motivate and mentor staff by providing training, regular feedback and career guidance while fostering a team environment.
• Draft and assist in the delivery of proposals for engagements by knowing the range of firm services.
• Participate in special projects for our clients that provide further growth and learning experiences.