Job Title: Accounting Assistant
Location: Silver Spring, MD
Remote during Covid
IBSS is looking for a full-time Accounting Assistant. This position requires some general knowledge and experience in a wide range of finance and accounting responsibilities. This position will consist of assisting with traditional accounting activities but also interaction with employees and clients and other financial related company tasks.
- Accounts Payable – Assist the team with accounts payable. The candidate will be able to distinguish the difference between direct costs and indirect costs and how to categorize expenses. Send/mail payments and checks.
- Reporting - Complete quarterly and yearly financial reporting for the company and individual contracts through various online systems, census reporting.
- Time Sheet Administration - Be the person responsible for all company time sheets. Review time sheets before each payroll, contact program managers and employees to fix time sheet errors. Have timesheets ready by a certain date before payroll.
- Payroll – Assist the Finance Manager with preparing for payroll: check timesheets, make updates to employee paychecks, etc
- Employee Reimbursements - Reimburse employees for various expenses. This may include medical reimbursements, cafeteria plan, tuition, general work-related expense, travel reports, etc.
- Tax Reporting – Assist with filing federal and state taxes.
- Ability to communicate effectively with personnel at all levels; management, human resources, program managers, customers, employees, benefits providers, etc. Must be able to work well with Human Resources to coordinate new employee hires.
- Professionalism and responsibility to handle private/sensitive information and attention to detail.
- Other related duties and responsibilities as may be assigned by the immediate manager.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field
- Attention to detail and organization skills are crucial to success
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Solid problem-solving skills and familiarity with accounting and financial reporting principles and practices
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel
- Able to multitask and prioritize work effectively
- Strong business professional acumen and analytical skills.
About IBSS Corp
- Recent college graduates are accepted with Accounting internship experience.
IBSS is a Woman-Owned, WBENC-certified and MBE/DBE-certified business. Since 1992, IBSS has provided specialized professional, scientific, technical, cybersecurity, IT, and software engineering solutions to the Federal sector. Our clients include the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA), the Department of Defense (DoD), and the Department of Justice (DOJ). We are committed to serving our clients and employees by delivering service excellence, creating value through technology, and continually improving our skills, services, and processes. Moreover, we maintain an ISO 9001:2015 certification which allows us to optimize current industry best practices to enhance delivery outcomes for our clients.
IBSS offers a competitive benefits package including paid vacation, medical, dental, vision and prescription drug coverage with company-paid deductible, matching 401K plan, tuition/training reimbursement, and Flex-Spending (FSA)/Dependent Care Account (DCA) options.
IBSS is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Please submit requests for additional information and qualified resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org