Accounting Clerk II
WILL Technology, Inc.
WILL Technology, Inc. (WTI) has an immediate need for a skilled, full-time Accounting Clerk II to join our growing team in Huntsville, AL. In this position, the Accounting Clerk II will perform a variety of administrative tasks to successfully execute accounting, bookkeeping, and financial operations at the Corporate level. The successful candidate will support accounts payable/accounts receivable, accounting reporting, regulatory filings, financial research, budgetary controls, contract administration, and other duties related to accounting.
In this role, the Accounting Clerk II is responsible for carrying out the following general accounting tasks and responsibilities:
- Verifies the accuracy of accounting documents and records.
- Updates, reconciles, and maintains accounting journals, ledgers, and other records detailing financial business transactions (i.e., expense vouchers, invoices, receipts, disbursements, accounts payable, accounts receivable, etc.).
- Sets up accounting codes and cost centers to post and receipt payments.
- Analyzes discrepancies and unpaid invoices.
- Operates and maintains Deltek CostPoint accounting software to process business transactions.
- Ensures all accounting processes are being conducted in accordance with established standards procedures, and applicable laws.
MINIMUM EDUCATION/TRAINING & EXPERIENCE QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Management, Finance, or a related field
- Minimum three years' experience in the accounting field
- Minimum of 2 - 3 years' experience using Deltek CostPoint
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting and bookkeeping principles and procedures
- Familiar with Federal Government contract administration is a plus
- Great attention to detail
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent organizational, customer service, and communications skills
WTI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.