Accounting Manager Competitive Salary
Luxfer Superform seeks a dynamic and driven Accounting Manager to join its Accounting Team. The Accounting Manager reports to the Divisional Finance Director and is responsible for the professional oversight of all Accounting functions for the Superform US facility. The Accounting Manager is the on-site Accounting lead for the business and is responsible for the month-end closing process, forecasting and budgeting, financial reporting, treasury, maintaining the financial ledgers, inventory and related costings, performing analysis and support to the Managing Director as required. The Accounting Manager also will supervise the Senior Accountant. Annual Sales $5M-$10M
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Include, but, are not limited to the following. Other duties may be assigned. Importantly, as Superformâ€™s success relies on the productivity of our team and adherence to customer product schedules, an essential function of this position is the ability to arrive to work on-time, as scheduled.
- Manage the Senior Accountant and their timely and accurate performance over A/P, A/R, and Inventory activities.
- Maintenance of the companyâ€™s financial ledgers and their sub-ledgers.
- Reconcile balance sheet accounts and prepare journal entries monthly to ensure accuracy of financial statements.
- Month end G/L closing and related reporting according to required timelines.
- The preparation of accurate and timely financial reports and forecasts for both internal and external entities of the company, facilitating sound financial decisions.
- The safeguarding of all company assets by assisting in the preparation of sound internal control policies and procedures and insuring adherence to such policies.
- Oversee the credit process and approve credit limit increases for new and existing customers.
- Product/job costing analysis and correct valuation of WIP inventory.
- Establish and implement new processes and document procedures to maximize departmental efficiencies, utilizing best practices.
- Lead the companyâ€™s annual financial audit, SOX controls, and physical inventories as required.
- Support any customer and/or government program audits.
- Collaborate with sales department on delinquent accounts to issue credit holds or â€™s if necessary.
- Maintain sales commission records for outside sales reps on a monthly basis.
- Assist in preparation of annual strategic and operating plans, as well as periodic forecast as required by Corporate.
- Analyze all Capex and lease requests for sound financial justification.
- Oversee the administration of the accounts payable system via Epicor MRP system, and the handling vendor inquiries, complaints and discrepancies.
- Oversight of all Treasury functions including management of cash flow, cash forecasts, banking authorizations, and bank reconciliations.
- Train existing and new personnel on the computerized â€œEpicor MRP Systemâ€ in regards to Purchasing, Receiving, Inventory, Sales Invoicing or other modules as necessary.
- Reporting for all property, sales & use, and income taxes.
- Reporting of 1099 Misc. income vendors.
- Perform weekly backup of Epicor database on the network.
- Maintain good customer relations both internally and externally through regular correspondence and to resolve any problems in an efficient and business like manner.
- Maintain a sound work ethic, which adheres itself to a prioritized level so as not to fall behind on daily routines. Be able to work with minimum supervision.
Objectives are issued separately from the Job Description. As a collaborative effort between Superform and the employee, objectives are reviewed, agreed and amended annually in alignment with strategic objectives.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty with the utmost quality and dependability. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- This position requires access to our export-controlled commodities, technical data, technology and services. These items are restricted under the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) to U.S. Citizens, Lawful Permanent Residents of the U.S. and properly licensed foreign persons. Therefore, employment is contingent on compliance with ITAR regulations and successfully obtaining and maintaining the necessary export authorization license from the U.S. Department of Commerceâ€™s Bureau of Industry and Security, U.S. Department of Stateâ€™s Office of Defense Trade Controls, or other applicable government agency.
EDUCATION /OR EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors Degree from a four-year college or university; and a minimum of 6 years related experience and or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- CPA license and/or MBA Degree a plus.
- Ability to adapt to computerized accounting systems including most PC based software such as Excel, Word, and other integrated software systems.
- Individual must be a self-starter, well-organized detail oriented.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks and prioritize daily functions with minimum supervision.
- Ability to read, interpret, and write business correspondence.
- Must have the ability to effectively present information in English, and respond in English to questions from managers, customers, and company personnel.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch; and talk or hear.
- Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to twenty-five (25) pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to work within an air conditioned atmosphere with occasional exposure to non-controlled temperatures ranging from 400 to 1100 Fahrenheit. Occasional exposure to wet and/or humid conditions may also occur.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
- While in the Manufacturing area, will be exposed to an environment of dust and occasional high noise level. Safety equipment will be provided.
Luxfer Superform is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. Women, minorities and veterans are encouraged to apply.
We are committed to a safe, drug-free work environment, and pre-employment drug screening and background checks are required. Candidates must be authorized to work in the U.S.
**NO EMPLOYMENT SPONSORSHIP**
Powered by JazzHR