South Suburban Parks and Recreation
Accounting Technician Part Time
$15.52 - $19.40 per hour
South Suburban Parks and Recreation District is seeking a candidate with an eye for detail for an Accounting Technician position. The Accounting Technician is responsible for assisting with the processing of accounts payable, utilities, payroll, and cash receipts. This position is also responsible for document verification, data entry, proofing, date corrections, as well as other accounting and general office duties. The Accounting Technician will work between 10 to 20 hours a week.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Will have experience with Microsoft Word and Excel, 10 key calculator, copier, and scanner.
- Will have strong interpersonal and leadership skills, research and resolution skills, data analysis and multi-tasking skills.
- The ability to perform mathematical computations such as percentages, fractions, addition, subtraction, multiplication and division quickly and accurately.
- Will have the ability to work independently and with a team in a fast-paced and high volume environment with emphasis on accuracy and timeliness.
- Ability to provide outstanding customer service and the get along with coworkers, patrons, and supervisors.
- Must be at least eighteen (18) years old and have graduated from high school or completed GED.
- One (1) year Accounting or General Office experience preferred.
The job description above covers the main duties of this position. Please note, as a team member, there may be additional responsibilities that are required to meet ongoing needs of the department.
Employee Benefits & Perks atSouth Suburban
- FREE use of District fitness centers and swimming pools
- Discounts on recreation classes and golf (applicable to employees working 14+ hours/week)
- Paid sick leave
- Opportunities for training and promotion from within
- Flexible schedules
- To view a complete listing of the District’s most current benefit package, please visit http://careers.ssprd.org
Our mission is to foster healthy living through stewardship of the environment, parks, trails, and open space by providing recreational services and programs.
We serve residents in Bow Mar, Columbine Valley, Centennial west of I-25, Littleton, Lone Tree and Sheridan and unincorporated portions of Douglas, Jefferson and Arapahoe counties. We operate four full-service recreation centers, golf courses, outdoor pools and restaurants, two ice centers and miniature golf courses, and a BMX track, a sports dome, batting cages, an entertainment center, a hotel and a nature center. In addition, we maintain nearly 3,800 acres of developed and open space land, including 119 multi-purpose athletic fields, more than 100 parks, nearly 80 miles of trails, 60 playgrounds, 56 tennis courts, and the 880-acre South Platte Park.
Keyword: Accounting Technician, Accounting
From: South Suburban Parks and Recreation