Accounts Payable Analyst
Cornerstone Healthcare Group
The Accounts Payable Analyst will review invoice discrepancies and provide resolution so invoices can be processed and paid. The AP analyst will identify the root cause of the discrepancies and recommend or implement changes to current practices to eliminate future discrepancies working with various stakeholders including purchasing, material management, and accounts payable teams. The AP Analyst will track and trend discrepancy data and report to AP Manager and VP of Supply Chain.
- AP Analyst will serve as resolution manager for all invoices that cannot be process due to error or discrepancies.
- Analyst will resolve the issue working with appropriate stakeholders and process invoices in Oracle for payment.
- Analyst will identify root cause of discrepancies and work with AP Manager and VP of Supply to implement change to avoid future errors and discrepancies.
- Will work with vendors and solicit statements to ensure payments are timely and identity causes of late or slow payments.
- Analyst will review all internal AP inquiries to determine if payments are missed or paid late due to breakdown in process such as incorrect bill-to addresses.
- Analyst will review and monitor the receipts accrual report and work with accounting and accounts payable to keep the report accurate and timely.
- Will manage all new vendor request and review/complete all new customer and/or credit applications to ensure vendors are properly set up for payment.
- Other special projects as assigned by AP Manager or VP of Supply Chain
Cornerstone Healthcare Group, based in Dallas, Texas, was founded in 1990 and provides excellent healthcare services to our patients, residents and their families.
Our employees make a difference, join us so you can too! We pride ourselves on our quality of care, responsive service, and commitment to excellence. We treat each employee, patient and resident like we would a member of our own family, and measure our success by the direct impact we have on improving the quality of life for our employees, patients and residents.
About the Company
Cornerstone Healthcare Group
Company Profile Cornerstone Healthcare Group, based in Dallas, Texas, was founded in 1990 and operates in three divisions: Long-Term Acute Care Hospitals, Senior Living, and Behavioral Health. We pride ourselves on our quality of care, responsive service, and commitment to excellence. We treat each patient and resident like we would a member of our own family, and measure our success by the direct impact we have on improving the quality of life for our patients and residents. We operate our business according to a few key principles: We operate a patient and resident-centered business, which means that we organize our business processes to deliver an exceptional patient experience and superior quality of life and care. We are committed to making Cornerstone a “Great Place to Work.” We believe that satisfied and engaged employees are more productive and deliver better care to our patients and residents. We hire employees who have a passion to deliver superior patient and resident care and understand that patient and resident satisfaction is our number one priority. We have a relentless focus on continuous improvement and actively seek to adopt new best practices to improve quality, efficiency, and effectiveness. We are on a journey to transform Cornerstone from a Good Company to a Great Company. We are not satisfied with being good when we have the capability to be great. Cornerstone is an equal opportunity employer who seeks to recruit, train and retain talented individuals who share our passion for quality and responsive patient care. We firmly believe that the success of our Company begins with our employees. Cornerstone is actively pursuing opportunities to build or acquire additional post-acute services. To discuss business opportunities, contact Steve Jakubcanin, President, at firstname.lastname@example.org.