Accounts Payable Analyst-210003DT
*THIS HYBRID ROLE CAN BE BASED IN WALTON, KENTUCKY OR MEMPHIS,TENNESSEE*
Assists the accounts payable team with basic tasks related to the efficient maintenance and processing of accounts payable transactions. Performs activities under moderate supervision.
Processes invoice administration and set up for payment.
Prepares and processes accounts payable checks, wire transfers and payments.
Answers basic vendor inquiries and reconciles vendor statements.
Prepares analysis of accounts.
Resolves basic invoice discrepancies.
Assists in month end closing.
Participates in projects related to Accounts Payable improvement.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Action oriented - Taking on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm.
Collaborates - Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
Communicates effectively - Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
Customer focus - Building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions.
Nimble learning - Actively learning through experimentation when tackling new problems, using both successes and failures as learning fodder.
Drives results - Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
Business Partnering - Collaborates with stakeholders and develops partnerships to drive performance that aligns to organizational goals and strategies; influences the organization by demonstrating knowledge of the business to provide guidance to support the decision making process and guiding the business towards positive results and organizational alignment; evaluates business environment using measures to mitigate risk and capitalize on opportunities.
Financial Internal Controls - Leverages internal control framework by assessing internal controls and developing remediation plans to mitigate financial reporting risks and respond to changing business needs.
Education, Licenses, Certifications
High school diploma or certificate of completion of secondary education or equivalent experience to the extent such experience meets applicable regulations. *Preference given to applicants with an accounting or finance degree*
Requires some work experience or intermediate level knowledge obtained through education, training or on-the-job experience.
Work Description & Key Responsibilities
- Supports Cummins shared services center with investigation and resolution of invoices needing error resolution
- Research and resolve unvouchered receipts to ensure proper and timely payments
- Resolves moderately complex accounts payable issues and problems.
- Builds and maintains relationships with other Finance disciplines and work teams.
- Executes special projects as assigned.
Please note this role may be located at EDC or MDC.
- Candidates must have a distinct interest in general accounting and financial analysis work.
- Must have experience in Inter-Company A/P, A/R and related functions.
- Attention to Details– The ability to follow detailed procedures and ensure accuracy in data, monitor processes, concentrate on routine work details and organize and maintain records.
- Communication Skills– Ability to present information clearly, both spoken and written and interpret information.
- Problem Solving Skills– Ability to understand issues while using reason and judgment to solve problems. Review facts and weigh options.
- Commitment to Task– Ability to take responsibility for actions and outcomes. Show a sense of urgency about getting results.
- Relationship Management– Ability to develop rapport with others. Build and maintain long-term associations based on trust: help others.
- Team Work– Help promote a friendly and enthusiastic group-working environment. Work closely with other departments, groups and solicit opinions from coworkers.
- Strong PC Skills–Ability to utilize various desktop PC applications to analyze and present data. Intermediate MS Excel user required.
Primary Location United States-Tennessee-Memphis-US, TN, Memphis, Distribution Center
Other LocationsUnited States-Kentucky-Florence-US, KY, Walton, FGD Eastern Distribution Center
Job Type Experienced - Exempt / Office
Recruitment Job Type Office
Job Posting Jul 15, 2021, 1:44:27 AM
Unposting Date Ongoing