Accounts Payable Associate
Arlington County, Virginia, United States, VA
Accounts Payable Associate
We are looking for an Accounts Payable Associate who will be responsible for the full cycle of accounts payable. The accounts payable analyst will process around 200 invoices every month and provide support to the rest of the accounting department. We are seeking a professional to work a contract role (with the potential to be hired in a permanent position). This person will report to the accounting manager and have the opportunity for grow within the company.
- Vendor Set up
- Review new vendor forms received for completeness/ Follow up with requester or vendor for any missing information/ Forward complete packages to Accounting Manager for vendor set up.
- Follow up with requestor as needed regarding PO submissions/ revisions
- Ensure period receptions are made and they are accurate
- Track PO documents
- Produce monthly report of leases for upload
- Accounts Payable Prep and Data Entry
- Responsible to control the AP and subcontracting email where 90% of the invoices are received.
- Print, review and verify invoices received via email. Revert back to vendor with any discrepancies or inquiries.
- Prepare invoices for entry by matching to printed PO copies and any receiving documents. Prior to processing review and audit payables for compliance with policies.
- Enter invoices by matching PO receptions, apply appropriate sales and use tax to vendor invoices and identify 1099 vendors.
- Prepare and obtain approval of all invoice batches. Post invoice entries.
- Set up new online accounts and set up auto payment when possible
- Access online accounts to print monthly invoices, review accounts and resolve any discrepancies as they arise. Make payment as needed.
- Monitor and reconcile vendor accounts to ensure payments are up to date
- Subcontracting AP
- Enforce the subcontracting Policies and Procedures with the vendors
- Prepare the subcontracting/resale master file, and email it to each subcontracting vendor in a monthly basis
- Review and verify subcontractor invoices against monthly billing master file for accuracy 1) request revised invoices from vendors where there are discrepancies, request completed dispute file; or 2) update master file with invoice number if accepted
- Review invoices submitted for travel expenses from NTT ensuring required documentation has been submitted
- Email vendors detailing reason(s) for any rejected invoices/ request missing information
- Follow up regarding discrepancies in hours in SAP to ensure invoice can be entered and posted timely
- Forward dispute files to Project Manager for review and approval and ensure all approved adjustments are included in the following month’s file
- Prep invoices and enter in SAP
- Expense Reports
- Print email submissions of expense reports (in some cases receipt must be printed individually)
- Review and verify expense reports per company policy
- Correspond with employees regarding any necessary changes or missing items/ information
- Scan and forward expense reports to Accounting Manager for approval and complete audit (approve) in SAP/ print/ attach approved summary page to report
- Follow up with employees regarding outstanding expense reports
- Expatriates T&E reports send original to origin office and keep a copy for our records
- Follow up the pending Expense Report to pay in a monthly basis
- Accounts Payable Payment Process
- Determine items necessary for vendor advance ensuring accurate application and reconciliation to avoid duplicate payments
- Process bi-monthly payment runs timely and accurately, for all payment methods/ Prepare and obtain approval for all payment proposal
- Request ACH payments, WIRE payment and Positive Pay to Treasury
- Print checks, get signatures and mail to vendors
- Maintain AP vendor files
- Match paid invoices to remittance
- Scan and e-file by labeling the payment package by vendor and date
- Hardcopy Filing by vendor and date
- Support Accounting with filing
- Customer Service, Research & Problem Solving
- Ensure prompt response to and resolution of all vendor inquiries
- Responsible for submission and follow up of Click tickets to resolve issues related to invoice entry, document posting and other system related items as they arise
- Research and resolve all AP related issues
- Fill out Vendor Applications and credit card authorization forms
- Review vendor statement of accounts and reconcile any discrepancy
- Analyze Expenses and perform G/L Account Reconciliations
- Prepare monthly AP accruals
- Prepare monthly credit card reconciliations and corresponding JE/ obtain missing receipts as necessary/ flag potential fraudulent charges
- Monthly reconciliation of service rendered/goods receipts are matched to the correct PO in the system, and follow up for invoices pending to receive.
- Bachelors or Associate Degree
- Must know how to prepare reconciliations
- 3 years in Accounts Payable experience
- Must have a proactive and deadline-driven attitude and being able to prioritize
- Provide excellent customer service and resolve issues on time
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- SAP experience a plus
- Attention to detail and strong work ethic required, as well as exceptionally strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to communicate effectively (verbally and written) while providing exemplary customer service
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-pace, high volume environment with emphasis on accuracy and timeliness.
- Must be able to enter data accurately and retain a lot of information.
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and analytical skills.
Desired but not required:
- Global experience
- Bilingual (Spanish)
Empowerment and rewards are the cornerstone of our career development model. We are a young, fast-growing company, with a highly innovative and entrepreneurial spirit, because of this professional experience and growth will be unmatched. Our talent and positive attitude allows us to transform our goals into achievements, and projects into realities. Additionally we offer our employees competitive salaries and an unmatched 100% Company Paid Benefits package.
everis is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. everis is an Equal Opportunity Employer Male/Female/Disabled/Veteran and a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
About the Company
NTT DATA means Business
NTT DATA is your Innovation Partner anywhere around the world. With business operations in more than 50 countries, we put emphasis on long-term commitment and combine global reach and local intimacy to provide premier professional services from consulting, system development, business process and IT outsourcing, to cloud-based solutions.
NTT DATA Americas' Strategic Staffing group provides our clients with top notch technical talent to augment their core IT staff. Our approach is customer centric, partnering to assist you in achieving your strategic goals and IT initiatives. We get to know your company’s culture and the type of technical staff that thrive within your organization. We understand your specific technical and business requirements, timing, and budget.
- NTT DATA is part of the NTT Group – a Fortune 31 Global IT & Telecom services company.
- NTT Group one of the largest Telecommunications Companies in the world.
- NTT DATA is ranked in the top 10 largest global IT services provider in the world.