Accounts Receivable Clerk
DPI Specialty Foods
Position will be located in Ontario, CA or Tualatin, OR
Summary: The purpose of the Accounts Receivable (A/R) Clerk is topost customer payments by recording cash, checks, and credit card transactions. The A/R Clerk works with assigned customers and updates payment status, enters received payments in the DPI database and initiates collection process for past due accounts. This includes communication with banks, customers and internal departments to validate and verify payments, and apply payments to appropriate invoices.
The A/R Clerk must project a positive image to DPI customers (internal and external) and maintain the expected work load as outlined in DPI’s KPI indicators. This includes having 90% customer or client contact on all past due accounts in order to maintain a clean aging account.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintains accurate and updated Accounts Receivable information for assigned clients by collecting and posting cash and checks.
- Maintains Clean Aging account status, initiating collection activities by contacting customers that have exceeded terms of their payment schedule and have past due accounts, maintaining expected performance indicators per outlined DPI expectations.
- Verify and validate payments, applying posted cash to appropriate bill or invoice.
- Identify and trouble shoot discrepancies between accounting records; researching and resolving errors by communicating with the bank, customer or internal departments/personnel.
- Manually files customer account information for record retention.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain clean work environment, may entail picking up trash or cleaning spills.
- Other duties may be assigned to fulfill DPI’s objectives and/or job duties and requirements may be changed as needed to meet current and future business needs.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities: The employee must have good working knowledge of English and basic math skills. The employee must have a high school diploma or equivalent. Two years of office experience is required. Customer service experience preferred.
Work Environment: The work environment is indoors in a professional office environment.The floor surfaces are carpeted in office areas and conference rooms with vinyl floor covering typical in hallways and break rooms.
Work Hours: The work schedule is 8 hours a day, 5 days a week. Time of initial start may vary with work hours typically 8am-5pm. Work hours and shifts are subject to change depending on operating business conditions and needs. The employee may be required to work overtime and holidays or weekends.
Physical and Mental Demands: Sedentary, Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally, and negligible pounds of force frequently to move objects. Knows and follows proper office and safety protocols; know and follow DPI dress code, personal hygiene and grooming standards. Understands, retains and applies A/R processing knowledge to participate in Corporate Finance initiatives and service delivery. Perform mathematic functions, analysis and writing skills to reconcile account information and maintain accurate payment status.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
About the Company
DPI Specialty Foods
Who We Are
DPI Specialty Foods is a sales, marketing and logistics provider with a range of over 40,000 sku’s in all temperature ranges. DPI provides sales and services to national retailers, regional retailers, independent operators and foodservice providers through 8 distribution centers strategically located across the United States.
At DPI, we have a passion for good food – the kind that becomes a delectable success for manufacturer and retailer alike. From modest beginnings decades ago, DPI has built on this passion to become a leading value added specialty food distributor. Today DPI supplies over 40,000 SKUs comprised of perishable and non-perishable food items from five continents. The team at DPI brings unique market niche and retail experience to create exciting programs, tailored for each retailer’s individual needs. These programs have a proven track record of delivering sales growth.
DPI is dedicated to driving sustainable long term growth for our customers. This is achieved through a unique combination of a broad range of specialty foods combined with a highly focused service model. DPI continues to build an incredible network of national and international vendors who invest with DPI to ensure that its consumers enjoy the benefit of exciting marketing programs. DPI’s national network of distribution centers ensures an effectively managed supply chain and maximizes speed to market.