Accounts Receivable Specialist
Madison Core Laboratories
Madison Core Labs is a state-of-the-art, full-service independent clinical laboratory. We are passionate about what we do and are dedicated to providing excellent service that will make positive changes in the lives of those we serve. Our facility is located in Huntsville, Alabama which has been named as the third Best Place to Live by U.S. News & World Report for 2021-2022.
We are currently seeking an experienced Accounts Receivable Specialist to join our team. The Accounts Receivable Specialist is responsible for notifying established third-party payers of all billed accounts by mail, telephone, or by email for the purpose of collection on all accounts. This role will include billing, receiving payment, posting payments, accounts follow-up, and overall responsibility of billing functions of assigned accounts.
Job Status: Full Time | Non-Exempt | Hourly
Responsibilities of the Accounts Receivable Specialist include:
- Prepare and submit billing data and medical claims to insurance companies.
- Ensure the patient's medical information is accurate and up to date.
- Prepare bills and invoices, and document amounts due.
- Collect and review referrals and pre-authorizations.
- Monitor and record late payments.
- Follow-up on missed payments and resolve financial discrepancies.
- Examine patient charges for accuracy and request any missing information.
- Investigate and appeal denied claims.
- Help patients develop patient payment plans.
- Perform weekly billing.
- Bill in accordance with state Medicaid's and third-party commercial payer requirements.
- Receive payments and post amounts paid to patient accounts in patient data base system.
- Record information about financial status of customers and status of collection efforts.
- Manage self-pay accounts.
- Prepare adjustment and write off reports.
- Understand workings of authorizations.
- Able to verify insurance benefits and update account demographics.
- Prepare daily census and send reports.
- Follow-up on Secondary Billings, co-pays, and deductibles.
- Cross-train on other jobs in the department.
- Work collaboratively with other employees.
- Request and follow up on client information request.
- Other duties as directed.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or three to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience with acute hospital billing and collections
Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent communication, research, problem solving, and time management skills.
- High level of accuracy, efficiency, and accountability.
- Detail oriented.
- Outstanding critical thinking and organizational abilities.
- Excellent Computer Skills.
- Solid understanding of billing software and electronic medical records.
Competitive benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance, Life, AD&D, Short and Long-Term Disability, PTO, 401K with match, and Direct Deposit. Bonus is possible. Opportunities for advancement are available. Compensation commensurate with experience.
Background check and drug test required. Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer/DFWP/Tobacco Free.
Madison Core Laboratories, LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action employer. Applicants receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, religion or other legally protected status. If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a medical condition or disability, please call (256) 850-0075 to let us know the nature of your request.