Acquisitions Associate - Kent Library
State of Missouri
Cape Girardeau, MO
Cape Girardeau, MO, US
Cape Girardeau, MO
30+ days ago
Kent Library / Acquisitions
The Acquisitions Associate manages the acquisition and renewal of new and continuing library resources, such as databases, eJournals, streaming media, eBooks and books. The Associate creates monthly fiscal reports of Acquisitions’ budgets, allocations, encumbrances and expenditures for multiple accounts and generates data for external reports. This position works closely with library consortiums; subscription service providers; database, journal and eBook publishers and platforms; and other library vendors. The Associate shares responsibility for leadership of the library management system, including the electronic resources module.
- Prepare fiscal reports that clearly track monies allocated, encumbered, and expended for different collections and subject areas.
- Process database and journal renewals and cancellations in vendors’ systems and manage activities such as annual licenses and subscriptions; publisher and vendor packages; and new orders.
- Establish and maintain effective business relationships with consortiums, publishers, vendors and electronic service and platform providers.
- Share responsibility for administering the library management system, providing leadership for acquisitions activities.
- Format and manage data and information in the library’s electronic resources management system.
- Approve financial transactions.
- Reconcile Library acquisitions indexes and accounts.
- Generate acquisitions data for annual reports, such as ACRL and IPEDS.
- Lead fiscal year close activities.
- Follow University and State required business and accounting practices and maintain audit trails.
- Provide excellent customer service and user interactions to faculty, staff, students, publishers and vendors and their representatives, and those making gifts to Kent Library.
- Communicate information to university academic departments and units.
- Serve on library and university committees.
Job Type: Full-Time
Location: Cape Girardeau, Missouri
Agency: Academic Affairs