As an Actuary supporting our Life area, you will provide expert actuarial analysis of market, industry, and product factors that drive product development, appropriate pricing, reserving, and data management decisions. You will serve as an expert resource in the development and implementation of actuarial procedures and other business requirements within the department.
- Provide expert analysis and interpretation of complex operational data that influences operating results.
- Lead projects that keep the product line positioned for financial stability and profitable growth. This includes defining, facilitating, analyzing, recommending and coordinating the implementation of systems, processes or procedures, and appropriate use of actuarial data.
- Collaborate with product line teams to develop product and service enhancements and management information reports.
- Supervise the preparation of exhibits, forms, and other media to fulfill statutory and reporting requirements of state insurance departments and other outside agencies.
- Design and direct the effective use of data projection techniques for actuarial analyses. This includes the design and direction of reports for measuring operating results and management information purposes.
- Design and direct the effective use of data reporting procedures and actuarial methods to regularly and adequately produce reports and analysis for management information purposes.
- Create and implement data quality assurance programs to ensure integrity and quality of data. Resolve data quality issues.
- Four-year degree.
- Fellow of the Society of Actuaries designation.
- Minimum of 5 years’ actuarial work experience demonstrating strong leadership, mathematical, analytical, logic, and problem-solving skills.
- Experience in the valuation of individual life insurance products preferred.
- Effectively communicate technical data to non-technical audiences.
- Phrophet Modelling software experience preferred.
- An unquestioned ability to retain confidential business information.
At Federated Insurance, we do life-changing work, focused on our clients’ success. For our employees, we provide tremendous opportunities for growth. Over 95% of them believe our company has an outstanding future. We make lives better, and we’re looking for employees who want to make a difference in others’ lives, all while enhancing their own.
You will have opportunities to grow in your career. Our employees are encouraged to ask questions and learn on the job, and we are committed to promoting from within. We recognize your contributions with an exceptional rewards package that includes competitive pay and bonus programs, incredibly affordable health insurance, generous pension and 401(k) benefits, and gift matching and paid volunteer time to support your involvement in the community. Learn more about our Benefits.