Adjunct - Business
Job Code: 1083
Division: Math, Science and Computer Technology(MSCT)
Reports to: Dean of Math, Science and Computer Technology(MSCT)
Positions Supervised: Students
Location: Main Campus
The business department is seeking adjunct faculty for the business division to teach within an assigned discipline; assignments may include morning, afternoon, or evening classes depending on instructional needs. Instructional areas being sought in the business department include: accounting, general business, marketing, and finance courses. This is a POOL position. Application materials for this adjunct position are accepted on an on-going basis due to increasing demand for courses in this subject area.
- Organize and teach classes as assigned by the Dean of MSCT, either on-ground or online
- Deliver quality education and training; demonstrate skills in curriculum development, teaching, and assessment
- Maintain student attendance records
- Conduct class meetings for the entire period scheduled and in a punctual manner
- Participate in institutional effectiveness initiatives including assessment and evaluation.
- Provide regular and timely evaluation feedback to students
- Submit mid-term and final grades
- Demonstrate professionalism with faculty, administration, staff, students and constituents
- Deliver quality instruction which prepares students for further education and/or the workplace; manage the teaching environment to serve all learners
- Knowledge of teaching in a higher education classroom
- Be an effective team member
- Professional written and verbal communication skills
- Classroom management skills
- Blackboard LMS trained or ability to learn Blackboard LMS
- Ability to effectively use technology in the classroom setting excellent oral and written communication skills
- Classroom management skills Good collaboration skills
- Preforms other duties as needed or assigned
Position Qualifications and/or Education
Minimum Qualifications and/or Education
- Master’s degree or higher in the field of instruction or master’s degree in a related field relevant to class assignment with at least 18 graduate hours in the discipline.
Preferred Qualifications and/or Education
- Prior experience teaching at the collegiate level.
- Teaching experience in a community college setting.
- Experience in teaching online.
- Minimum three (3) years related professional work experience in the business discipline taught.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, talk, hear, walk, sit, and occasionally push or lift items. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must be able to work a variable schedule/hours to meet operational needs. May require evening and weekend hours. Your appointment is contingent on sufficient enrollments, or on program and scheduling changes.
Pay grade level:
Compensation: $883 per credit hour
Employee category: Faculty
Position Type: Adjunct Faculty/ POOL
FLSA status: Exempt
Application Deadline/ To Apply:
Visit www.kckcc.edu and click on CAREERSfor a list of available positions.
- As openings for adjunct faculty become available, candidates may be selected from this pool of applicants.
- Read the job announcement carefully noting the minimum qualifications and required information. Note that information contained in your application materials will be used to determine if you meet the minimum qualifications for the position. Make sure you complete/submit all the documents listed as required.
- During the application process, unofficial transcripts may be submitted. However, please note that upon selection for hire, you will be required to submit official transcripts.
- Ensure that your transcripts show that a degree was awarded or conferred if you are stating that it is your highest level of education completed. If you certify your level of education and it cannot be verified from your transcript(s), your application may not be referred to the selection committee.
- Foreign degrees are acceptable provided they have been translated and/or shown to have equivalency to a United States: Associate, Bachelor, Master, or Doctorate level degree.
- Documentation verifying completion of a degree, course work within a discipline, or other educational criteria should be electronically attached (uploaded) to your application.
- Three (3) professional references with phone number and email addresses are required.
- A college selection committee is responsible for application review and interviews. The final candidate(s) selected to be hired will be made by the hiring manager.
- Successful completion of a background check on all persons recommended for employment is required Individual hiring departments may elect to administer pre-employment tests, which are relevant to essential job functions as part of the applicant selection/hiring process.
***This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by their supervisor. This job description may be revised upon development of other duties and changes in responsibilities.