Job Title: Admin Asst / Cash Room Manager
Works closely with Assistant Branch Manager and Branch Manager to ensure efficient operation of the Cash Room. Responsible for maintaining accurate records of Cash Room related transactions. Follows-up and maintains managers aware of discrepancies, debits, and bad checks. Responsible for distribution of cash when registers are opened and collection when closed.
- Ensures friendly, efficient and professional customer service.
- Ensures compliance with established policies and procedures.
- Ensures Cash Room and key box are locked at all times and money is kept secured at all times.
- Maintains records of monetary transactions such as safe counts, toll vouchers, coupons, returned checks, coin orders, petty cash, IOUs and key inventory.
- Ensures each business day is properly closed and balanced
- Follows proper procedure for armored car pick-ups.
- Enters data such as returned check fee into proprietary software
- Reviews bank website on a daily basis in order to review bad checks and debits (cash or check shortages)
- Reviews weekly e-mails from bank concerning credit inquiries.
- Cashes out cashiers at end of each shift, maintains records of discrepancies and issues corrective consultations for discrepancies above policy tolerance.
- Maintains employee break sheets.
- Performs other work-related duties as required and assigned.
Education, Experience and Skills Required:
- Minimum 2 years similar experience
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, employees, and customers
- Ability to calculate figures, and amounts such as discounts, interest, and proportions.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Commitment to company values and strong customer orientation.
- For the most part the ambient temperature will be moderate.
- The work is performed sitting, standing and walking – must be able to sit, stand or walk for up to 4 hours without a break
- Pace is job-set, meaning the pace varies depending on the customers’ activities.
- There will be industrial vehicles (forklifts, Hilo) moving material throughout the warehouse.
I fully understand the responsibilities and qualifications required for this job. Furthermore, I find that I am capable of performing the required functions.