Energize your future by joining our team at Northern Virginia Electric Cooperative!
We are looking for an Administrative Assistant to provide general administrative support to our Customer Care division. This position will compile and prepare information for department reports, contracts and budgets. They will handle other administrative duties such as: filing, recording and transcribing minutes, making travel arrangements, appointment and calendar maintenance, typing and data entry, making copies, distribution of mail and serving as the division receptionist.
The normal work hours will be Monday through Friday from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Compile and prepare reports and information by transcribing, formatting, inputting, editing, retrieving, copying, and transmitting text, data, and graphics.
- Maintain department databases and software to ensure continuity of accurate and current data and information.
- Provide technical and general administrative support to department staff and management to include maintaining and processing of schedules and reports.
- Review and assist in policy and procedure development to improve organizational effectiveness and department customer service.
- Assist in the development and implementation of department contracts including preparation of RFQ's, evaluation of bids received and recommendation of contract awards.
- Maintain budget files, collect data, prepare budgets as directed and submit quarterly department variance reports.
- Research, review and process invoices for payment.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
High school diploma or GED is required. Additional specialized/technical training in computers is preferred. Two to three years of related experience and/or training including office administration, secretarial support, database management, financial analysis, budgeting, accounts receivable, accounts payable, collections, and/or report management is required.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Demonstrated ability to function independently in a multi-task environment, as well as part of a team.
- Demonstrated knowledge of all company policies and procedures as well as all applicable federal, state, and local laws.
- Demonstrated knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles and mathematical skills.
- Demonstrated intermediate level proficiency with general computer operation and Microsoft Office applications.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and efficiently with all levels within the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to anticipate and meet rapidly changing customer and business needs by quickly refocusing and realigning strategic and operational direction.
- Demonstrated ability to consistently and accurately process data and information and carry out assigned responsibilities with minimum supervision.
- Demonstrated ability to meet multiple and sometimes conflicting deadlines.
If you're ready to take the next step towards advancing your career, apply today! NOVEC is an equal opportunity employer and participates in E-Verify. We do not provide sponsorship for this position.