Administrative Coordinator - Archivist
KPFF Consulting Engineers
This position supports all KPFF Portland Structural office personnel including principals, engineers, management, drafters, marketing, and accounting performing a variety of administrative and general office functions.
Primarily this position provides day-to-day clerical duties, archival efforts, and administrative assistance. This position works most closely with engineers and may be assigned specific principals and one or more engineering teams.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Edit, format and proofread letters and documents, fee proposals, technical specifications, calculation packages, and reports.
- Lead archive reconciliation and update efforts.
- Coordinate travel requests.
- Intranet content coordination.
- Follow up with staff in a timely manner.
- Update and maintain company databases with accuracy and consistency.
- Schedule meetings and coordinate hospitality including catering for seminars and client meetings.
- Ensure public spaces are clean, tidy, and well stocked along with the rest of the administrative team.
- Support other departments such as accounting & marketing, upon request.
- Special projects, upon request.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Professional demeanor with the ability to effectively communicate, both verbally and in written form, with people at all organizational levels.
- Superior organizational skills and the ability to multi-task a variety of efforts for all levels in the organization.
- Strong service ethic.
- Effective interpersonal skills the foster a team environment.
- Attention to detail with the ability to determine priorities and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work independently yet collaboratively within a group.
- Punctual and reliable attendance.
Qualifications, Education & Experience:
- High school diploma.
- 1-3 years of administrative experience in a professional services firm, preferably in engineering, architecture or design.
- Thorough command of the English language including excellent spelling, grammar, punctuation, form and style.
- Computer literacy with proficiency in Microsoft Office suite.
- Experience updating and reconciling databases.
When Oregon mandates are lifted to allow our office to host staff again, administrative personal are expected to be physically present in the office for the work week. Work hours are expected to reasonably conform to the core business schedules of the individuals this position interacts with. This position must generally be available to work additional hours as requested which may include weekends when necessary to accommodate the demands of a deadline.
Physical requirements for this position generally include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Frequent use of a computer, telephone and other standard office equipment.
- Heavy keyboarding.
- Prolonged periods of sitting, standing, and walking.
- Repetitive lifting, bending and reaching (likely to occur each day).
- Intensive reading of small or fine print.
- Must be able to lift and move standard file boxes weighing up to 40 pounds.
See Job Description