The Federal Aviation Administration Western Service Center requires organizational support assisting with administrative task functions such as travel, procurement, meetings, communication and general non-technical office support. The employee must complete identified tasks in a timely manner, accurately and efficiently to established requirements.
The employee must provide administrative program support by assisting in meeting deadlines, scheduling meetings and teleconferences, preparing correspondence, attending mission-critical meetings and preparing documents, spreadsheets, and presentations to meet the needs of the organization.
The employee must provide administrative program support by facilitating electronic processing of records to ensure compliance with specified program administrative policies such as travel, and time and attendance policies.
The employee must provide general non-technical office support such as answering telephones, conducting proofreading functions, coordinating documents for signature, supporting meetings, and taking meeting minutes and notes.
- Coordination, accounting, planning, and administration functions.
- The management analyst provides business management functions such as budgeting, financial analysis and planning and control of funding and allocation of funding.
- These functions include business process analysis to describe and create defined business and operations controls and processes.
- Expert in Microsoft Word
- Expert in Microsoft Excel
- Experience with Microsoft Outlook
- Familiar with Video Teleconferencing and other forms of telecommunications platform and effective troubleshooting skills.
- 3 years of relevant experience.
- Bachelors Degree