Admitting Representative (On Call)-91003
The Admitting Representative is a unique role within the Tuality Healthcare system. The Admitting Representative welcomes the patient into the care delivery setting, providing direction and assistance. Initiates the administrative system which lays the groundwork for the patient’s clinical care as well as the financial documentation during registration by interviewing patients and/or family members, obtaining signatures on legal consents and insurance forms, entering demographic and insurance information according to service provided, patient need, payer requirements and hospital policy. Collects appropriate co-pays or deposits. Supports the practice by providing excellent customer service, demonstrating professional communication on the phone and in face-to-face customer contact, problem solving, and functioning as a team member to other staff. Accepts and stores patient valuables. Ensures customer satisfaction and offers solutions to patient/visitor concerns and demonstrates appropriate knowledge and skills necessary to communicate with diverse populations. May float to multiple inpatient/outpatient service locations and remains competent in all service areas. Familiar with the switchboard and understand how to respond to facility codes.
- Education: Six months of work experience in a medical office setting, including high volume direct patient contact, or one year of work experience in a high volume direct public contact position.
- Certification: Certified Healthcare Access Associate (CHAA) Preferred.
- Basic computer keyboarding skills including typing of 30-45 wpm.
- Previous Electronic Medical Records (EMR) Experience Preferred.
- Strong relationship building skills with patients, providers, staff, management.
- Exceptional customer service, interpersonal, and patient advocacy skills.
- Demonstrated evidence of strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to manage competing priorities.
- Ability to meet deadlines and urgent patient and organization needs.
- Ability to work independently.
- Willing to serve as a positive and professional role model.
- Proven record of reliable attendance, punctuality, and successful performance with past and present employers.
- Able to perform the essential functions of the position with or without accommodation.
- Flexibility to work every other weekend (for On Call positions only)
- Bilingual skills a plus.
OHSU Health Hillsboro Medical Center, formerly Tuality Healthcare has always been committed to our community. It's a part of how we care for each other, and part of what makes this place different.
We had a humble start in 1918 when an enterprising woman named Minnie Jones Coy started a small six-bed hospital in her Hillsboro home. She brought together independent physicians under one roof to treat the sick and provide a safe place for mothers to give birth. A century after Minnie made her commitment to the people of Hillsboro, her vision continues as we provide world-class health care to patients.
As part of our affiliation with OHSU Health, we’ve changed our name to Hillsboro Medical Center. This new moniker reflects our expanded services and clinic locations that provide patients living in Hillsboro and western Washington County greater access to primary and specialty care.
Additional Posting InformationHillsboro Medical Center believes in providing equal employment opportunities for all qualified individuals. Recruitment, hiring, promotions, transfers, working conditions, training, and compensation will be based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, creed, national origin, marital status, family relationship, veteran status, genetic information, physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. We further commit ourselves to continuing the practical application of this policy in our daily business conduct.