Franciscan Orthopedic Associates at St. Joseph is a well-established orthopedic specialty practice located in Tacoma, Washington. We are looking for a dedicated Orthopedic Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner to join our team of Orthopedic Surgeons and Advanced Practice Providers.
- Successful candidates will be PA/ARNP Certified with an active Washington license. Preference for experienced orthopedic providers or those with other surgical or sports medicine backgrounds.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Assists in the surgical suite including first assist, deep and superficial wound closure, application of internal devices and any other procedures delegated by the supervising orthopedic surgeon
- Performs pre-operative and post-operative care in clinics
- Performs comprehensive and problem-focused histories and physical examinations
- Interprets laboratory and diagnostic tests in clinics
- Formulates a treatment plan for orthopedic conditions within their scope of practice
- Exercises judgment on conditions requiring consultation, referral or evaluation by the supervising orthopedic surgeon or other health care professionals
- Orders, collects and performs appropriate laboratory and diagnostic studies, such as routine laboratory tests, EMG, electrocardiogram and radiologic examinations including arthrogram, ultrasound, CT, MRI and bone scan studies
- Performs diagnostic and therapeutic procedures such as aspirations and injections of joints, bursars and cysts.
- Applies braces, casts, splints and other orthopedic appliances
- Conducts hospital rounds, writes orders, takes call and sees patients in the ED for the orthopedic surgeon if needed
- Average schedule is Monday-Friday consisting of working in clinics and operating room
- Competitive salary & benefit package including CME allowance.