Moseley Technical Services
San Antonio, TX
Check out this new opportunity!
Aircraft Mechanic II
Job ID # 2021-13977
Location:San Antonio, TX
Industry: Aerospace & Defense
Minimum Education: High School Diploma/GED
What You’ll Do:
- Support VC25B program.
- Maintain repairs and modifies aircraft electrical systems and electrical components of moderate difficulty, maintains and repairs aircraft components including but not limited to flight control systems, engines, flight deck, routing, terminations, connector building and troubleshooting, applies technical knowledge of aircraft electrical systems in determining equipment malfunctions and applies required expertise in restoring equipment condition and or operation, and applies comprehensive technical expertise to solve moderate to complex problems by interpreting technical documentation such as schematics or manufactures' manuals.
- Receive technical guidance, as required, from supervisor or higher-level technician, will occasionally be required to lead teams through more complex aircraft relevant tasks, and may be required to make entries in aircraft logs and records
- Must be able to prioritize workload to maintain schedules on assigned projects.
- Perform connector terminations including shielded wires, coaxial cables, and fiber optic wiring.
- Ability and understanding of routing instructions and handling of harnesses.
- Perform efforts associated with sealing, wrapping, bonding, tying, and closure of wire harnesses and cables in accordance with standard processes.
- Demonstrates the capability to read and interpret engineering drawings, technical orders, process specification, and retrofit requirements to perform electrical modification/repair.
- Adhering to government and company procedural guidance, performs assembly, installation, visual inspection of physical characteristics, modification of wire bundles & electrical assemblies, operational and quality checks of aircraft work.
- Troubleshoot malfunctions in aircraft electrical and comm/nav-systems of moderate difficulty at the organizational or depot maintenance level.
- Interpret standard work instructions, charts, tables, blueprints, wire diagrams, formulas, sketches, verbal and electronic orders, job layouts, etc. to accomplish assigned work.
- Ensure that all equipment is used in accordance with established safety and operating procedures.
- Perform all tasks involved in the coordination, preparation, and movement of material and tools.
- Operate riding type electric powered elevating equipment to accomplish work assignment.
- Maintain necessary certifications, licenses and permits as required for assigned work.
- Perform all duties of lower Electrical classifications as required to successfully accomplish assignments.
What You’ll Need:
- Must have a thorough knowledge of aircraft electrical component troubleshooting, repair procedures and replacement of parts, requires broad knowledge of aircraft repair, must have thorough knowledge of electrical theory, must have thorough knowledge of aircraft unique tools such as test equipment, torque wrenches, dial indicators, micrometers, and bond meters.
- Knowledge of technical publications.
- Experienced in the use of tooling assemblies and fixtures for depot level modification and repair of electrical wiring.
- Will be required to work with the guidance of more senior skilled employees and assist less senior employees.
- The candidate must be able to ascend and descend vertical work ladders, work in confined spaces, and lift loads of approximately 35 pounds.
- Must be able to work various shifts and/or an alternate baseline schedule that may frequently change to support mission requirements and may include weekends and holidays.
- Mission requirements and/or workload may require both scheduled and unscheduled overtime
*U.S. Citizenship is required by law, regulation, executive order, or government contract.
Education & Experience:
- High School Diploma/GED
What to Expect:
- Applicants selected for employment will be required to pass a preemployment drug screening and background investigation which may include education, criminal and work history verifications.
- Accepted applicants will have the opportunity to be eligible for benefits, including medical and supplemental insurance and a 401K. Appreciation and gratitude for employees is a hallmark of organizations with low turnover.
Moseley Technical Services, Inc. is an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled Employer.
For questions about benefits visit: http://www.moseleytechnical.com/jobseekers/
For more information about Moseley visit: http://www.moseleytechnical.com/aboutus/
Still have questions? Reach out toStuart Austin (email@example.com)
About the Company
Moseley Technical Services
MTSI was founded by Mr. Moseley in 1994. We strive to serve and satisfy our customers and employees at all times, and continuously build partnerships to improve quality, cost, and schedule adherence.
Our primary goal is providing our customers with excellent service while delivering a quality product accompanied with integrity, professionalism, reliability, and satisfaction. We practice diversity in order to meet our customers’ needs.
MTSI is an employee-oriented corporation, dedicated to supporting our employees with outstanding company representation and ethical relationships. We continually strive for quality and success for our customers and ourselves.