CannonDesign has an exciting opportunity for Allied Health, Nursing, and Medical Education Sector Leader based in our NYC office. This is a national position embedded in our Education Market and is pivotal to CannonDesign's innovative leadership at the convergence of education, healthcare, and science. We would love to hear about your passion, expertise and experience leading clients and internal teams and delivering exceptional solutions We are looking for creative, curious, empathetic people to join our Living-Centered Design mindset.
ABOUT OUR FIRM
CannonDesign is an integrated design solutions firm focused on helping people continuously flourish. Whether designing for innovations in health, new scientific discoveries, equity in education or the next big idea in business, we use our Living-Centered Design approach to help organizations realize widespread change. Our ability to design transformational places, plans and strategies is why Fast Company named us a World Changing Company and one of the most innovative design firms in the world.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
Allied Health, Nursing, and Medical Education Leadership: Participate and engage in firm-wide Education leadership calls, advancement of strategic initiatives and client pursuit discussions and strategies. As part of the global Education team, you will collaborate and contribute to the development of the Education Market Business Plan. Your role in this planning will be to outline strategies and actionable items that advance subject expertise, client engagement and development, market differentiation, and team building / leadership to foster the growth of the typologies in concert with the Firm-wide Education goals. Be a leading voice for our Health Sciences and Medical Education typologies both externally and internally. Be visible in speaking events, writing and other activities that promote the firm and our work.
Leverage your own unique experience and connections in the Education marketplace and collaborate with our other leaders with the goal of Innovating and creating breakthrough solutions for our collective clients.
Top Line Growth: Partner with Education, Healthcare and Science & Technology Leaders and other office and firm-wide service lines to grow top line of the market and the firm. Secure new client relationships and expand existing ones by championing strategic client development and market differentiation.
- Capitalize upon your existing network, CannonDesign's client base and experience, and expand the business potential and profile (brand) of the firm by pre-positioning CannonDesign for opportunities in our Core Markets. At CannonDesign, marketing and business development is a team effort and as someone at one of the highest levels of leadership in the firm, you will have the role and expectation to both lead and support activities in the office and the Firm. Have a goal achieving top line success with an expectation of exceeding specific net signed fee targets.
- Your focus will primarily be building the Health Sciences and Medical Education typology business within the firm's Education Market, you will be geographically agnostic – with your role partnering across all CannonDesign offices. You will have opportunities to partner with others throughout the firm and seek opportunities to secure new clients, expand our service offerings and maintain productive industry contacts while ensuring the continued development of relationships with our current clients.
Understand the Market. Identify future trends and opportunities for growth and advancement of CannonDesign's Health Sciences and Medical Education business framework. Work with Education Leaders and others to develop strategies to address and capture these opportunities.
- Develop a list of clients and identify the top significant market opportunities. Develop strategies and resourcing needs to pre-position effectively to secure these opportunities.
Client and Team Leadership: Lead by example. Demonstrate commitment to our clients by undertaking the work in an active way on select client project opportunities. In addition, serve as a client leader and / or as a subject matter expert where appropriate.
- You will build and lead teams capable of both winning and executing transformational solutions that differentiate the firm and add value for our clients. You will be responsible for ensuring success both from a client and a CannonDesign perspective.
- Grow your team. In partnership with office leadership identify key needs for the Education practice, participate in recruiting activities and grow / mentor staff to become our future leaders.
ABOUT YOUR QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's in related field required. Master's degree in Architecture preferred.
- MNA, MPH, MHA preferred.
- Licensed Architect or equivalent professional license in related field required.
- Minimum of 15 years of related experience with a proven track record of pursuit success in the Education Market with a focus on Health Sciences.
- Experience performing in a leadership role focusing on planning/facilities in nursing schools, allied health, pharmacy schools, or academic medical centers preferred.
- Additional certifications and/or training relevant to this role is preferred.
- Strong communication and leadership skills.
- Business acumen and proven ability to collaborate in the development and execution of strategy.
- Professional acumen and maturity demonstrated by the ability to communicate authentically and respectfully.
- Significant travel required.
ABOUT WORKING HERE
- We are relentless in our pursuit of client adoration (not simply satisfaction). Consistent delivery of the best service is what we are about.
- We are committed to ensuring our practice is equitable for all employees, representative of the communities around us – and focused on the future of design. We advocate for equity, diversity, and inclusion efforts through the leadership of our DEI Council, Employee Resource Groups and other community advocacy initiatives.
- We're about communication and transparency here. If you want to talk to someone about an idea you have, or a challenge that needs addressing, we're ready for you.
For a general overview of our benefits, please visit our careers page at www.cannondesign.com/careers/
Please note that candidates can only apply to our positions on our company Careers site. It's not uncommon for scammers to create positions that look legitimate on other sites; never enter your information or apply for CannonDesign positions on any platform. Should an issue arise that you feel we should be aware of, please contact us. Please provide your resume and portfolio when applying.
As a condition of employment, all employees are expected to complete mandatory training, including compliance training, within required timeframes and adhere to our internal policies and our Code of Conduct.
CannonDesign recognizes the value of diversity in our workforce. We are committed to equal opportunity. We consider all qualified employment applicants without regard to race, religion, color, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, partnership status, protected veteran status, disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Individuals who hold legal work authorization applicable to employment at CannonDesign in the United States will be considered without regard to citizenship/alienage.