Promote medical management processes and manage application integration throughout numerous areas of the organization to promote effective collaboration. Identify opportunities for process adjustments and redesign related to new business, new and existing programs. Formulate and manage work plans related to system or process initiatives. Direct and/or perform testing related to application upgrades and/or modifications. Maintain all aspects of the application described as clinical content. Monitor, analyze and coordinate resolution of large scale application issues related to the transfer of member and provider, and/or authorization data. Enhance business optimization and application development. Ability to travel approximately 20%. Qualifications
Bachelor's degree required OR current IL RN or LPN license with three to five years clinical experience required
Must possess valid driver's license and must be deemed as an acceptable driver in accordance with the MHS Fleet Safety Policy (five year MVR will be required). Illinois driver's license must be obtained within 30 days of employment.
3-5 years applied technical experience in a clinical environment or experience with electronic medical record systems required.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, and the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of staff and physicians using technical and non-technical verbiage.
- Proven track record of excellent critical thinking skills and independent problem-solving abilities.
- Working knowledge of Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Performs the activities that support the advancement of clinical practice with the use of technology. Maintain knowledge of electronic product features and capabilities and recommend future enhancement workflows.
- Maintains up to date knowledge of clinical informatics and related technology and software as it relates to clinical practice.
- Provides leadership in ensuring evidence based workflow and design are used in the evolution of the electronic medical record.
- Provides and manages data that assist in decision support and outcomes management in relation to MPS incentive measures, HEDIS and Meaningful Use criteria.
- Quickly and accurately troubleshoot issues related to Allscript software and hardware, log service requests, and document all courses of action taken, acting as first tier support before calls are escalated to other IT support personnel.
- Work closely with clinical staff and technical personnel to determine exact nature of problems, implements remedial procedures and educates end users to prevent future occurrences.
- Ensures the EHR education is properly documented, planned, communicated and executed.
- Develop curriculum for clinical information and communication systems and provide education to current and new customers. Coach, mentor and provide at the elbow support for Providers and members of the clinical team in gaining and maintaining competency in the use of the clinical information system. Develop and coordinate communication of future EHR changes, upgrades and downtime to clinical customers. Lead implementation of procedures and innovative solutions to improve efficient, reliable use of clinical information systems.
- Visit ambulatory clinics on a routine basis, answering questions, training staff and physicians, and gathering information on any issues in order to work with the IT support team and the System Director, Clinical Informatics to find resolutions.
- Work with clinic management, physician advisors, and physician users to understand clinical and business processes, and use this to lead data collection and application build activities.
- Work with clinical and operational managers to develop and implement policies and new workflow. Assists with the measurement of benefits associated with process redesign and the implementation of technology to support patient care.
- Support assigned locations to achieve established end user utilization targets.
- Research new technology and functionality available in the market to further automate clinical office operations. Evaluate new technology and make recommendations to management.
- Identify and refer providers when they are not meeting behavior or clinical performance standards and when intervention is needed from the organization to address non-compliance.
- Monitor metrics in assigned clinical areas and propose change strategies to meet metric targets.
- Recommend re-evaluation of clinical office staff job specifications and functions to Clinic management when appropriate.
- Coordinate and support implementation of recommendations for service and patient care improvement
- Work closely with operations to ensure proper change management protocol. Requests and enhancements begin with CI, then navigate to proper department and/or organization for approval.
- Actively engaged with end users to observe usability and challenges the system presents and identify opportunities of improvement.
- Maintains excellent rapport and working relationships with end users, providers, information services as well as operations team.
- Supports development and achievement of departmental goals and initiatives in a positive and construction manner at all times.
- Acquire comprehensive knowledge of the software involved to assist in determining what the procedural issues versus system/application deficiencies are.
- Emphasize timeliness, accuracy, security and the importance of these functions in the clinical application.
- Assist the clinical staff in the efficient use of the current software.
- Assist to problem solve application and workflow issues and work through barriers to achieve results by collaborating effectively with users and the IT staff.
- Attend education programs on site and off site as required.