WE ARE GROWING AND EXPANDING OPERATIONS!!!
Ortec has been providing custom chemical solutions and personalized service since 1980. With three plants and over 300 employees, we can meet the production needs of our customers while maintaining a high level of personalized service. We are large enough to get the job done, yet small enough to care. Even as the company grows and develops new services, we never forget the values that made us who we are as a company.
We are a team. A family. A group of smart, talented, big-hearted individuals working together for the success of our customers and the growth of our communities.
AND WE HONOR OUR COMMITMENTS
What we do at Ortec is complicated at times. Why we do what we do is not complicated: We want to make a difference for our customers and our communities around us. How we do what we do is also not complicated: everything starts with Integrity.
WHY ORTEC? The foundation of Ortec is our talented, dedicated employees. Our commitment to delivering chemical manufacturing services with measurable quality has made us a trusted partner to some of the most familiar names in business. Our success is drawn from the experience, energy and teamwork of our employees, who consistently deliver results by anticipating change and executing solutions with confidence and passion. At Ortec, you'll be working with the latest technologies and tools, not to mention some of the industry's best and brightest minds. From the top down, this type of commitment and energy is radiated throughout the company. The result is a growing, dynamic, and rewarding place to work - a company where we work as many and we win as one. You are a name, not a number!
We offer an excellent benefit package, including:
- Competitive benefits with onsite medical care for free
- 401k with match
- Medical, Dental, and Vision and much more!
The Analytical Chemist will be responsible for supporting both sites in the PP&SC Division in the development and
optimization of new product lines with responsibility to support and lead analytical method development and validations.
They will interact with internal and external customers for method transfers and certifications to ensure lab to lab
alignment of results. The Analytical Chemist must be able to objectively communicate analytical findings in a manner that
will be clearly understood by all project team members (internal and external), regardless of technical background.
• Perform analytical test of finished products, raw materials, intermediates, and R&D samples using
instrumentation, such as, HPLC, GC, GPC, UV/Vis, FT-IR, Karl Fisher, capillary viscosity, NMR, titrations,
particle size, etc.
• Prepare and execute analytical method development plans, validation documents and test method
• Collaborate with technical staff to conduct analyses for research projects, non-conforming products, new
product introductions, nonstandard tests, etc.
• Coordinate and advise laboratory personnel in test procedures for analyzing components and physical
properties of materials.
• Troubleshoot analytical and physical property tests to ensure accurate results in a timely manner.
• Receive off hour phone calls to assist lab supervisors and technicians with testing issues that arise which
impact production schedules.
• Prepare summary reports from laboratory data to ensure compliance with ISO 9001 and all internal and
external customer requirements.
• Responsible for developing and proposing method validation strategies for raw materials and finish goods.
• Responsible for supporting and developing subject matter expertise in specialized test methods and
equipment in support of operations.
• Responsible for troubleshooting, maintaining, and calibration of laboratory equipment.
• Responsible for writing laboratory SOPs, studies, and protocols in coordination with lab supervisors.
• Responsible for general maintenance of all laboratory equipment to include, calibrations, standards, repair,
preventive maintenance, and capital replacement.
• Interact with external customers to understand product testing needs, testing protocols, method transfer and
Education and Experience
• Bachelor's Degree + 10 years' experience
• MS + 5 years
• PhD + 3 years
• Preferred Chemistry, or Chemical and Material Sciences degree
• 2 + years' experience in analytical laboratory.
• Manufacturing experience strongly preferred