Anesthesiologist Assistant - Multiple Locations
Atlanta, GA, US
1 day ago
Emory Healthcare is currently seeking Anesthesiologist Assistants to join one of the largest surgical practices in the Southeast as a member of our community practice team.
- Emory Healthcare enjoys a well-earned reputation for providing high-quality, value-based care, ranking among Georgia and the nation's top hospitals and ambulatory surgery centers.
- Participation in a wide variety of surgical procedures in both hospital and ambulatory settings with Emory and community partners including Kaiser Permanente, Resurgens, HCA Healthcare and Georgia Eye Partners.
- Offers a diverse and inclusive work environment that promotes a welcoming, engaging and respectful culture for our patients, surgeons, and colleagues.
- Robust and collaborative team model provides exceptional resources and peer support.
- Emory's compensation plan is best in class and offers great benefits, including:
- General Health and Wellness (Medical, dental, vision)
- 403b with annual matching
- Advanced and continuing medical education opportunities
- Professional liability insurance
Cases Performed as part of a Care Team Model:
- Assists in the management of patients undergoing general and regional anesthetics for surgical procedures including orthopedic, reconstructive plastic care, bariatrics, ophthalmology, ENT, general abdominal, obstetric, gynecological and pediatric procedures.
- Supervision of anesthetist students is expected of all anesthetists.
- Position requires some night and weekend work
- Position requires participation in the call team
- Atlanta provides modern big-city amenities with southern charm and hospitality. Besides a thriving arts scene, the city also offers world class restaurants, sporting events, and an abundance of cultural attractions. Other features include nationally ranked private and public universities, the countries busiest international airport, and ample opportunities for outdoor recreation. Atlanta's central location also allows drivable access to the Gulf Coast and Florida beaches, Tennessee mountains and even North Carolina skiing.
Cases Performed as part of a Care Team Model:
- Supervision of Anesthetist students is expected of all Anesthetists.
- Position requires some night and weekend work.
- Position requires participation in the call team.
The Successful CAA Candidate:
- Be a graduate of an accredited Anesthesiology Assistant program.
- Licensed and eligible to practice in the state of Georgia.
- CAA board certified.
- General or OB anesthesia experience preferred.
- American Heart Association BLS/ACLS/PALS certification is required.
Who We Are:
Emory Healthcare is a nationally recognized medical system and the only health network in the state with a full range of hospitals, clinics and local practices. Our teams integrate science and caring to transform medicine and redefine care.
Emory Healthcare is currently hiring CAAs for Anesthetist positions in our Ambulatory and General Anesthesia practices. Positions are available throughout our service territory.
- Under the direction of an anesthesiologist, assists in the administration of general and regional anesthesia to surgical and non-surgical procedure patients.
- Performs initial acute cardio-pulmonary resuscitation in life-threatening situations or as directed by a physician.
- Interprets and records patient's physiological and pharmacological status.
- Assists the Anesthesiologist in gathering routine pre-op data.
- Instructs others in principles and practices of anesthesia, respiratory care and cardio-pulmonary resuscitation as directed by the anesthesiologist.
- Assists in research projects as carried out by an Anesthesiologist.
- Establishes multi-parameter monitoring of patient prior to, during and after anesthesia or in other acute care situations, including ECG, direct arterial pressure, central venous pressure, arterial blood gas determinations, hematocrits, and routine measurement of temperature, respiration, blood pressure, and heart rate.
- Establishes other monitoring as may be developed for anesthesia and intensive care use.
- Manages pre- and post-anesthetic care, including ventilatory support of patients as assigned by an Anesthesiologist.
- Manages ventilators and other respiratory care parameters as directed by the physician.
- Master's degree in Anesthesia or Certified Registered Nurse Anesthesia
- Certified by National Commission for Certification of Anesthesiologist Assts (NCCAA) and Nat'l Bd of Med Examiners (NBME)
- Must maintain biannual certification through the submission of Continuing Medical Education credits (CMEs)
- Georgia licensure as Anesthesiologist Assistant or Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist
- BLS certification required
- Based on established hospital/department/unit standards, employees may not perform all duties listed in this job description.