LifeLinc Anesthesia is currently seeking a skilled Physician Anesthesiologist for an exciting opportunity providing high quality, cost-effective anesthesia care in a collaborative clinical environment. Come join a team committed to perioperative physician leadership that drives efficiencies in the OR.
About the Facility: As the most comprehensive health facility in East Mississippi, the facility is comprised of 260-beds, and has a long history of healing and improving life for the people they serve in their community.
Case Mix: All specialties, no neuro heads
Schedule: Monday – Friday 7a – 3p
Call Requirements: 1:4
Education and experience equivalent to:
Must be a graduate of an accredited school of medicine in anesthesia with a current license in good standing to practice in the state of Mississippi. Certification with the American Board of Anesthesiology is also required.
- ACLS/BLS/PALS Certification
- CME Reimbursement
- Health Insurance
Professional Liability will be covered by LifeLinc.
LifeLinc Anesthesia has emerged as one of the top, comprehensive anesthesia management providers in the country. Since 2003, LifeLinc has centered its mission on "Changing the Status Quo" of healthcare through innovative solutions and excellent clinical quality. We recognize that an exceptional anesthesia team enhances patient safety and experience. This is why we enable our providers to serve as leaders in the perioperative setting, maximizing their potential and fostering long-term employment relationships. LifeLinc’s educational arm, LifeLinc Academy, enables our providers to optimize the skills necessary to practice autonomously and attain CME credits in the process. LEAP, Leadership Empowered Anesthesia Providers, is LifeLinc’s clinical leadership training program designed to produce clinical leaders who excel in the business of anesthesia. Come join a team committed to provider growth and continuing innovation in anesthesia!
- The MDA must function as a collaborator and team member to accomplish applicable goals and functions of the organization.
- Attend Medical Staff meetings and Department and Hospital Administrative meetings relating to the operation of the Department.
- Participate in administrative decision making and recommend and approve policies and procedures.
- Provide information to Hospital regarding budgetary, administrative and patient care matters related to the Department.
- The MDA must act as a liaison between hospital physicians, CRNAs, staff, vendors, funding sources, and other system departments or services as needed.
- Oversee the performance of the Department, including but not limited to those contractually obligated performance-based measures.
- Establish criteria for adequate staffing as applicable.
- Participate in the Hospital’s quality assurance efforts as requested by the Hospital.
- Develop standards for continuity of care and case management.
- Remain cognizant of rules and regulation as they pertain to the American Society of Anesthesiologists and remain compliant at a local, state, and federal level.
- Deliver, monthly, a departmental status report illustrating key performance indicators pertinent to anesthesia and surgical patient throughput.
- Ensure the availability of adequate anesthesia staffing to provide clinical, medical, and administrative leadership support throughout the organization.
- Administer anesthetic or sedation during medical procedures.
- Inform students and staff of types and methods of anesthesia administration, signs of complications, and emergency methods to counteract reactions.
- Provide medical care and consultation in many settings, prescribing medication and treatment.
- Provides clinical support and patient care to assist the anesthesia team as applicable.
- Maintain current policies and procedures set forth by LifeLinc and propose new and efficient policies when applicable.
- Perform clinical reviews and audits on all clinical services provided by other practitioners employed by LifeLinc as applicable.
- Responsible for training and oversight of all clinical staff and personnel as applicable.
- Confer and consult with Hospital administration from time to time regarding the organization and management of the Department in order to enhance its public service capabilities, efficiency and quality of medical care.
- Maintain dedicated administrative office hours and be available by e-mail and telephone when not at the Hospital.
- Works with peers to obtain required information on a timely basis and to solve outstanding issues, as appropriate.
- Promotes and contributes positively to the teamwork of the department by assisting coworkers, contributing ideas and problem-solving with co-workers
- Ensures and adheres to strict confidentiality when handling patient information, according to the HIPAA Privacy Act and hospital policy and procedure regarding confidentiality.
- Complies with all information security practices.
- Has knowledge of and adheres to all compliance regulations, policies and procedures.
- Takes annual HIPAA compliance exam.