Application Support Analyst
Our enterprise financial client in Central New Jersey has an immediate opening for an Application Systems Analyst to be part of a team to support all applicaitons for our client.
The idea candidate will have 1 to 3 years experience with SQL and IT systems support and application support.
Entry Level Computer Science Candidate with excellent SQL would be an ideal fit.
location: Woodbridge, New Jersey
job type: Contract
salary: $30 - 40 per hour
work hours: 8am to 4pm
Primary Role Responsibilities:
- Provide technical and analytical expertise within an Application Development department to determine and resolve application errors and provide root causes analysis. Apply controlled changes to production applications utilizing an array of programming languages, tools and application types including but, not limited to, Oracle SQL, MS Sequel Server, XML, Regular Expressions (understanding syntax and the underlying logic), VBA. DOS and macro development in Excel.
- Become an expert in the customer specific Application Development supported applications and tools to provide direct business application user guidance/support, project support and technical solution architecture i.e., large scale application migrations, error corrections, workaround creation and creation of the related documentation.
- Create detailed technical documentation of application testing processes and procedures for Business Continuity Planning/Disaster Recovery. Perform mandatory (Federally Regulated) and maintenance testing of the production environments utilizing those procedures.
- Independently able to resolve incidents and complete requests with the highest level of customer service and professional communication skills. The client prides themselves on "white glove" service to both to their internal and external customers. A culture of service and mutual respect.
BS/BA in Computer Science (with Programming and Mathematics concentrations preferred) or an equivalent combination of technical certifications and experience.
- Coursework, certifications and/or experience in the client's core applications technologies are required to perform the position and to be considered. Specifically, Oracle SQL MS Sequel Server, XML, Regular Expressions (understanding syntax and the underlying logic), VBA. DOS and macro development in Excel.
- In person interviews will include a written/verbal assessment technical skill level, with proficiency in SQL and basic application programming concepts as a minimum. Problem solving abilities will be assessed based on the candidate's approach the technical questions or application programming error scenarios.
- Experience/education in applied mathematics and/or physics are a plus. The client's core business is finance and these are common skills within the Application Development department.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 2 years of experience
- Education: Associates
- Technical Support
- Technical Analyst
- APPLICATION SUPPORT
- APPLICATION VIRTUAL
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
About the Company
Randstad was founded in 1960 by Frits Goldschmeding. We've never let go of his passion or the values that he established. By staying true to those fundamentals, we've expanded to represent more than 90 percent of the HR services market.
We provide outsourcing, staffing, consulting and workforce solutions within the areas of engineering, accounting and finance, healthcare, human resources, IT, legal, life sciences, manufacturing and logistics, office and administration and sales and marketing. We can’t wait to tell you all about it.
Our mission is to be a world leader in matching demand for, and supply of, labor and HR services. We believe in the value of work as a unifying force that shapes society for the better. We live by the core values established early in our company's history: to know, serve and trust, striving for perfection and simultaneous promotion of all interests.