We are seeking an Applications Engineer to be based in the Atlanta area but travel nationally. The position will be the key member of the product management team, which oversees the company's portfolio and product strategies in North America regions. This position will also be the technical point of the contact person for commercial, industrial inverter/system products. Candidate must have a bachelor's degree, DC power exp.
The Applications Engineer is an interdisciplinary position that requires the individual to work with commercial and industrial customers, third-party engineers, utility engineers, sales representatives, customer service and engineering.
- Manage pre and post sales technical support for account engagements as a Sales team member to win business.
- Under limited supervision, manage and conduct post sales activities in terms of correct operation, maintenance of products and solutions, systems trouble shooting, repair or replace.
- Support the 24 hrs Emergency Technical Support phone, support the Return Material Authorization (RMA) process.
- Provide customers and their assigned agents technical support in proper installation, maintenance, troubleshooting and operation products both remotely and at job sites
- Responsible for establishing system solutions of North America PV, Data Center, Telecom, C&I, microgrid and Energy Storage business.
- Close cooperation and alignment with Customer Support to enable a closed loop system on post-sales technical support
- Develop and deliver documentation (e.g. design guides, line diagrams, standard BOMs, technical briefs etc.), best practices, installation and operational plans, and training to ensure a high-quality design and minimal post sales technical support issues
- Engage in unique system design support to ensure project wins and proper system function
- Bachelors Degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or similar technical degree
- 10+ years experience with inverters, energy production, design, and/or the grid connection of Solar PV/ Energy Storage/ MicroGrid systems or UPS, DC/ AC power systems
- Candidate must have experience in servicing or engineering power plants, DC power, inverters, rectifiers, BDFB's, UPS for the telecom, datacenter, industrial or C&I markets.
- Candidate will be expected to perform all tasks with extreme attention to detail, the utmost quality and at a fast pace.
- Must have a strong understanding of Electrical Engineer, Power System Engineer, Energy Storage Engineer, Solar Engineer and/or Mechanical Engineer concepts in association with renewable energy/utility (T) industry standard.
- Proven track record in tough technical problem-solving skills and an ability to lead/guide engineering initiative.
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written across functions and all level internally and externally.
- Strong expertise, knowledge and hands-on skills troubleshooting electrical systems and data networks using tools such as multi-meters, power quality analyzers, data acquisition etc.
- Self-starter, strong initiative and strong organization skills.
Travel: 10% domestic travel max
Submit resume to email@example.com for consideration