16 days ago
The Area Manager ensures patient collection-supervisors have total accountability regarding their respective daily assignments. Ensure supervisors provide appropriate training and continuing education as required. The Manager must have the ability to evaluate staff, communicate effectively to internal and external clients including patients, sales, client service, logistics, senior management, etc. Travel is 50-75% is required
Include but are not necessarily limited to the following:
* Formulates operating objectives, goals and strategies for assigned facilities.
* Conceives and implements new methods for providing more cost effective and efficient services.
* Monitors customer reaction to quality of services and implements action when required.
* Maintains liaison with all appropriate functions and departments to ensure that service functions are meeting operational support needs.
* Manages supervisory staff in the performance of their duties.
* Ensures adherence to compliance guidelines.
* Responsible for monitoring budgets within the department.
* Reviews the profitability of patient service centers and makes appropriate decisions regarding their continued operation.
* Coordinates operating plans and activities with the logistics, marketing and other satellite operations to ensure a cohesive effort.
* Manages all locations under supervision to ensure profitability and takes appropriate cost cutting actions as necessary.
* Critical thinking, Leadership and team development skills
Minimum Required Qualifications:
* Must have a clean, valid driver license
* 2+ years of people-management experience
* 2+ years Phlebotomy experience a Plus
* State Licensure, where applicable (CA, FL, and NY require state licensing)
* Excellent oral and written communication skills
* Strong leadership, change management, communication and customer oriented skills
* Problem-solving and analytical skills
* Knowledge of site/ state licensure requirements to ensure existing and future operations are in compliance.
* Ability to create a positive environment
* Skilled at promoting team cooperation and a commitment to team success
* Ability to manage multiple evolving priorities and projects.
* Strong planning and organizational skills
* Solid PC skills including Word and Excel
* Ability to travel within the assigned territory
* Bachelor's degree in a life Science (biology, chemistry, etc.), Business, or Process management
* Management experience within a laboratory environment or lab services organization
BioReference Laboratories is an Equal Opportunity employer
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled